I love this homemade, fresh apple cake recipe from the owner of Studmuffin Desserts, Chef Seth Raphaeli. This apple bundt cake is made from scratch, moist, easy, and delightful! It is a grand-mère pomme gâteau which is French for grandmother’s apple cake! Don’t let the fancy French words scare you. I saw Chef Seth Raphaeli whip this old fashioned French apple cake up in minutes on Home & Family which airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel. I was given permission to share the recipe with my readers.
Old Fashioned French Apple Cake Made With Fresh Apples:
H&F Photo Credit: Copyright 2015 Crown Media Family Networks/Photographer: Jeremy Lee
You are going to love Chef Seth Raphaeli’s recipe for French apple cake made from scratch! This old fashioned fresh apple cake is one of his most famous desserts.
French Apple Cake Ingredients-
- 4 Large Apples / about 6 cups, sliced (mix of McIntosh and Granny Smith apples)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup Grape-seed Oil
- 4 Jumbo eggs
- 1/2 cup of orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
How To Make French Apple Cake From Scratch:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray and then follow with a bit of flour a bundt pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix the sliced apples with the cinnamon and 5 tablespoons sugar. Set aside and let stand.
4. Sift together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and set aside.
5. In the bowl of a mixer, beat the eggs with sugar until pale light in color and then add in the oil.
6. To the wet mixture, alternately add the dry ingredients in with the orange juice starting with and ending with the dry ingredients.
7. Add the vanilla extract and continue to mix well.
8. Layer the cake and apple slices by pouring cake batter into the pan and alternating with apple slices. Top layer should be cake batter.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 3/4 hours until golden brown.
10. Test the homemade apple cake bundt with a toothpick or cake tester to make sure it’s done.
Want to see the Studmuffin chef himself? Watch the episode here.
Printable Fresh Apple Cake Recipe
This homemade old Fashioned Fresh Apple Cake is making my mouth water just thinking about it!
Would you serve this French Apple cake recipe as dessert or breakfast?