Once turkey day is over, it’s time to start thinking about the next big holiday, Christmas. This year as you search for Christmas dinner ideas, consider letting the other bird, chicken, have a turn. It’s an American classic, inexpensive, and absolutely delicious when cooked in one of these moist, delicious ways. Each of these four chicken recipes is fit for a holiday meal, but you may find yourself cooking it for the rest of the year, too! I hope you enjoy these chicken recipes for Christmas!
4 Superb Chicken Recipes For Christmas
Whole Roasted Chicken Recipe
A whole roasted chicken makes a gorgeous centerpiece on your holiday table, and the bright flavors in this chicken recipe will appeal to everyone’s taste buds. Plus, you’ll love that you only have to buy three ingredients and spend 10 minutes of prep time to make this delicious chicken. That leaves you with plenty of time to work on the Christmas side dishes!
Roasted Chicken Ingredients
- 1 whole roasting chicken (3-1/2 lb.)
- 1 lemon, washed, halved
- 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette dressing
Roasted Chicken Directions
HEAT oven to 350°F.
PLACE chicken in 13×9-inch baking dish.
SQUEEZE juice from lemon into small bowl; place squeezed halves in chicken cavity. Mix dressing with juice; drizzle over chicken.
BAKE 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is done (165°F), basting occasionally with pan juices.
Here are three more chicken recipes for Christmas you are sure to love!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
When you want chicken on the Christmas dinner menu but have holdouts who can’t stand a Christmas without ham, this chicken cordon bleu is the answer. Each serving is so beautifully presented that guests will imagine you worked on it all day, when you really just put it together in 10 minutes. The zesty flavors work well together and the stuffing on the chicken means you don’t have to prepare as many sides.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Ingredients
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) stuffing mix for chicken
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.)
- 6 slices ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tbsp. savory honey mustard
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
Chicken Cordon Bleu Directions
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
PREPARE stuffing mix as directed on package.
PLACE chicken in 13×9-inch baking dish; cover with ham. Mix soup and mustard; spoon over chicken. Top with stuffing.
BAKE 25 min. or until chicken is done (165°F). Top with cheese; bake 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
Need another idea? Here are two more chicken recipes for Christmas that your family will enjoy.
Easy Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
Put together a colorful Christmas dinner with this chicken cacciatore recipe featuring mushrooms, bell peppers, and tomatoes on a balsamic-glazed chicken breast. The potatoes are especially delicious, and using red potatoes means you won’t have to bother with peeling them and you’ll get the added color in the hearty mashed potatoes. Plus, this plate makes up a complete meal, keeping your Christmas dinner simple.
Chicken Cacciatore Ingredients
- 3/4 lb. red potatoes (about 2), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1-1/2 cups small fresh cauliflower florets
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 each green and yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) chive & onion cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Chicken Cacciatore Directions
• COOK potatoes and cauliflower in boiling water in large saucepan 20 min. or until tender.
• MEANWHILE, cook chicken in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 3 to 4 min. on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm.
• ADD dressing, mushrooms and peppers to skillet; cook and stir 6 min. Add tomatoes; simmer 8 min. Return chicken to skillet; spoon sauce over chicken. Simmer 3 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).
• DRAIN potato mixture; return to pan. Add reduced-fat cream cheese; mash until potato mixture is fluffy. Serve topped with chicken, vegetables and basil.
Light Tomato Chicken Recipe
Holiday meals can feel heavy, but not with light, fresh chicken recipes like this one featuring festive red tomatoes. The bacon in the topping and Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top each add an extra punch of flavor while keeping the dish clean and simple. Serve this alongside your favorite Christmas casseroles for a meal that will leave everyone satisfied.
Light Tomato Chicken Ingredients
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
Light Tomato Chicken Directions
COOK bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings from skillet.
ADD chicken to skillet; cook on medium-high heat 2 min. on each side or until browned on both sides. Pour dressing over chicken; sprinkle with basil. Cook on low heat 4 to 5 min. on each side or until done (165ºF).
TRANSFER chicken to platter, reserving dressing mixture in skillet; cover chicken to keep warm.
Add tomatoes to skillet; stir. Cook on medium-high heat 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon; spoon over chicken. Top with cheese.
Which one of these chicken recipes for Christmas is your favorite?
You may also want to check out these Delicious Christmas Potluck Recipes
They all sound fantastic! I am putting the Chicken Cacciatore one up at the top of my list, though. YUM.
Love all the recipes But you did not mention vinegar Yes if you soak chicken in white vinegar b4 cooking (rinse & pat dry) Not only will they taste a lot better You would have taken care off all the hormones & other stuff injected into chicken Hence you will feel better & live longer…feeling healthier