I am so excited to share with you an adorable DIY photo banner tutorial today. It was easy to make and the materials were mostly things I had around the house. Your photos really personalize the banner and make it a cute keepsake. This craft comes out looking stylish enough that you will enjoy using as holiday home decor year after year.
Disclosure: I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy for the Holiday How To campaign. I am being sponsored by CVS/pharmacy for my posts and activities, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
This DIY Photo Banner Makes Adorable Photo Holiday Home Decor
A little over a week ago, I made my holiday cards using CVS.com/photo and I had extra photos that I liked printed up as well so that I could make some fun photo holiday home decor. I came up with three fun ideas but I decided to go with a DIY photo banner to add some holiday cheer to my mantle. I tried to use nothing fancy so that anyone could work on this diy project without having to go shopping a craft store. I am quite pleased with the results! This banner will cover a space between 50-65 inches depending on how far apart you spread your banner pieces. The mantle in the image here is about 63 inches. You can always add extra photos on the ends if your mantle is larger.
Materials For DIY Photo Banner:
- 3 sheets of red scrapbooking paper
- 2 sheets of printed scrapbooking paper (I used a green pattern close to chevron.)
- sheet of white typing paper
- photos (You need 3 for this banner but you may want to have extras on hand to choose ones that fit your circle best.)
- glue stick
- hole punch
- cup for tracing or protractor
DIY Photo Banner Tutorial:
- Begin by creating the banner pieces. I used my ruler and pen to mark out rectangles that were 5 inches by 6 inches. You need 10 rectangles for this banner.
- Next, I marked out the triangle area that would be removed. One inch up from the bottom of the rectangle, mark the spot right in the middle of banner piece. In other words, measure 2.5 inches from the side and 1 inch up and put a dot. Then connect that dot to both corners. Once I measured the first one I cut it out and then traced the rest.
- Cut the triangle out of each rectangle and you will have your bunting pieces.
- Make 10 large circles on the back side of your printed scrapbook pages. I used the top of a cup to trace the circles that measured 3.5 inches across. Cut them out.
- Make 7 small circles on plain white typing paper. I used the bottom of the same glass to trace the smaller circles and they measured 2.75 inches. Cut them out.
- Make 3 small circles on the photos. I used one of my already complete circles to cut trace and cut out the photo circles.
- Use the glue stick to glue the small circles to the center of the large circles. Before you glue each white circle drawn the the capital letters, one for each circle, “B-E-M-E-R-R-Y”.
- Now glue the large circles to the center of the banner pieces.
- Hole punch each top corner of the banner pieces.
- Measure your string (or ribbon) to the length of your mantle.
- Slide the banner pieces onto the string and attach to the mantle. All done!
If you need to print any last minute photos or photo cards try www.cvs.com/photo to do it from the comfort of your own home, and get same day pick up in store! Do you like using photos to personalize your holiday home decor? Do you think you will try this DIY photo banner?