My refrigerator was super old and I am really try to make green choices whenever I can so I started looking for a new Energy Star refrigerator. This green choice was a no brainer since it offers so much savings in the cost of my electricity. I also wanted my new fridge to provide a stylish upgrade to the kitchen so I chose the Amana Side-by-Side Refrigerator in the stainless steel option with is Energy Star certified. Amana provided me with a refrigerator to review in the hopes that I would share my honest opinions. I received no monetary compensation and the opinions expressed are my own.
Energy Star Refrigerator
A new Energy Star refrigerator is far superior to older models in several ways including design, compressor efficiency, improved insulation, doors seals, temperature settings control, defrost mechanisms and more resulting in not just improved energy efficiency but also in big cost savings.
Refrigerators which are older than 10 years are extra big energy hogs which means that you are throwing money away each year you prolong their life! If you live in an area with high electricity rates, older models of refrigerators could cost you nearly $300 a year in electricity. The energy savings alone would pay for a new refrigerator in a short period of time. You can use the ENERGY STAR Savings Calculator to find out exactly how much money you’ll save by replacing your existing refrigerator.
Amana Side-by-Side Refrigerator Review
The 36 inch, 25 cubic foot Amana side by side model refrigerator is a very nice looking fridge. I love the stainless steel exterior and the black ice and water dispenser in the door. It looks very smart and modern in my kitchen and I think it adds to the value of my home. It is also quite large with 25.1 Cubic Ft. capacity. Even with my family of 4, I have plenty of space for everything.
Amana Fridge Features:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified – Exceeds federal energy efficiency standards by 15% to help you save energy.
- PUR® Water and Ice Filter – This is so cool! I love that my ice maker is using filtered water now and I can definitely taste the difference in the ice cubes. I also like the light that reminds you when it is time to change the water filter.
- Ice and Water Dispenser. Chose crushed or cubed and there is a light option there as well.
- Temp Assure™ Freshness Controls- Easy temperature adjustment controls so you can control the temperature by area.
- Control Lockout- Smart feature that provides a child lock to prevent toddlers from playing with the water dispenser.
- Sealed Crisper Drawers- Two clear crisper bins keep food separated, fresh, and easy to locate.
- Deli Drawer- Clear drawer that keeps food separated, fresh, and easy to locate.
- 3 Spillsaver™ Glass Shelves- The shelves pull out are and adjustable to the heights you like best.
- 3 Adjustable Door Bins- Arrange them to just right for you.
- Gallon Door Storage (dairy bin)- The door bins are nice and deep to hold even milk jugs and juice cartons.
- Dairy Center- Flip down covered door storage is generous for fitting eggs, butter, cream cheese, etc.
- Plastic Freezer Shelf and 2 Removable Wire Freezer Shelves- These help keep my stuff separated and organized but can be removed if you prefer.
- 4 Fixed Door Bins in the Freezer section to help you stay organized.
- Slide-Out, Plastic Freezer Basket- Makes storage easy to get to even at the bottom of the freezer.
- Lots of bright lights to help you see just want you are looking for in all areas of your fridge and freezer. Easy to change standard light bulb.
- Great seals to keep the cold air in.
Amana French Door Refrigerator Conclusion
The filtered water and ice dispenser is an element that I am really enjoying. My six year old can reach his own water and ice easily now and that means one less thing I have to help him with! He is very proud and now I can get him to help me set the glasses on the table at meal times.
My new Amana Refrigerator has Side-by-Side doors that work like French doors. I really like the look of it, the spacious interior, the number of shelves and drawers for organization, the lighting and the clear elements that allow you to see exactly what you are looking for. I am also excited about the energy savings. This refrigerator is everything I wanted for style, function, and energy efficiency!
You can visit Amana.com to learn more about this model or other appliances and to use their store locator to find your perfect appliance.
2021 Update: One of my door bins broke. However, I was so happy to find it was easy to get a replacement part. It fit it perfectly and I just ordered it through an Amazon online merchant. Still loving this dual pad external ice Amana Fridge.
Do you need a new kitchen appliance? Let me know if you have any questions about Amana refrigerators and I will see if I can answer them for you! @familyfocusblog
How to Extend the Life of Your Refrigerator
How To Make Your Home More Energy Efficient
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
LOOK AT ALL THE ROOM!!! I need a new fridge in the worst way! I love the refrigerator capacity and freezer capacity of this model!
Ellen Christian says
We seriously need a new refrigerator. I hate our current one and it’s so small compared to this one. I like those adjustable gallon door storage bins.
Annabelle Absar says
Looks great! I really miss the ice dispenser on our old fridge and this one looks really useful. 🙂