Spring is almost here, which means asparagus season! (February to June, depending on your geography). I love asparagus and so do both of my kids. Besides their great taste, asparagus is loaded with fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. I think you will enjoy this asparagus frittata recipe because it is easy, delicious, and healthy.
This Asparagus Frittata Recipe Rocks:
- Fast, easy, affordable and delicious (what’s not to like?)
- Can be made for dinner, lunch or breakfast
- Highly adaptable (feel free to experiment with other veggies in your fridge)
- Great for multiple diets – vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, and paleo
- Serving kids? Try stirring in some freshly grated parmesan cheese too
Make Homemade Meals Easier
Homemade recipes are always tastier and healthier! This asparagus frittata recipe is shared with us today by Gatheredtable.
Asparagus Frittata Recipe
Serves: 4 Hands on time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 whole white onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (1/4 to ½ teaspoon of each)
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon or mint leaves, or any fresh herb
- 8 eggs
How To Cook Asparagus Fritata
- Slice onion (if using).
- Chop asparagus into 1- or 2-inch pieces, discarding woody ends.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a skillet on medium. When hot, add onion (if using) and cook, sprinkling with salt and pepper, until soft, 3 min.
- Add asparagus raise heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until it softens and browns a little (about 5-7 min.).
- When asparagus is nearly done, turn heat to low and add tarragon. Cook another 1-2 min.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs with some salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables, distributing them evenly.
- Cook, undisturbed, until eggs are set, 8-10 min.; cover for a minute or 2 if top does not set.
Use any vegetables you like in place of asparagus and onion. If you prefer your eggs more done, cover for longer.
This asparagus frittata would be fabulous served alone or paired with a loaf of crusty bread and a large green salad. I hope you enjoy the recipe. Have you cooked a frittata before? Do you think you will try this asparagus frittata?
You may also enjoy this oven roasted asparagus recipe.