Here are a few oatmeal combination recipes! Oatmeal is not just a breakfast food. It is hardy and packed with protein and fiber- a healthy food option. It is great with chocolate and maple syrup or if you are looking for a quick dinner try veggies and spices. I highly recommend putting down the instant oats and getting steel cut or rolled oats which can be cooked on the stove or you can make baked oatmeal. Gluten free oatmeal must be labeled as such or it may not be pure oats and may have a bit of wheat in it. There are endless combinations but I listed some of my all time favorite oatmeal recipes below. I hope you enjoy!
Maple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Recipe
- Rolled Oats
- Nut butter
- Maple Syrup
- Chia seeds
- First, lets cook the oats. If you are using rolled oats you do not need to soak them prior to cooking. 1/2 cup of oats for 1 cup of water or milk. Bring your water or milk to a boil then slowly stir in the oats. Cook the oats on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- If you are using steel cut oats, I recommend soaking them the night before. Boil 4 cups of water, remove from heat then stir in 1 cup of steel oats. Cover the saucepan and let this sit over night. Cook for 10-12 minutes on low heat then add your toppings.
- Put the oats in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of nut butter. Here I used peanut butter but almond or cashew butter will work perfectly.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup and as much cinnamon and chia seeds as you would like. I personally love adding chia seeds to my oatmeal or smoothies. They are a great source of energy, especially if you are making this for breakfast.
- You are done and ready to eat! This is great for breakfast or even for a dinner/dessert.
More Best Oatmeal Recipes:
Prepare oatmeal as directed and add the toppings below. The spices can be cooked in with the oatmeal if you prefer.
- Maple Almond Butter, 1 Banana, Cinnamon, Chia Seeds
- Nut Butter, 1/2 Banana, Sliced Strawberries, Blackberries, Pinch of Salt
- Peanut Butter, Dates, Diced Apples, Pomegranate Seeds, Dark Chocolate Flakes
- Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds, Cranberries, Cinnamon
- Nut Butter, Sliced Figs, Blueberries, Cinnamon
- Lemon Pepper, Chipotle Pepper, Diced Carrots, Corn
Do you like to cook and use oats? Would you try any of these oatmeal recipes? If you do or if you have your own best oatmeal recipe, let us know what it is!