Here is a quick and easy blueberry jam recipe that the whole family will love. This homemade blueberry jam is sweetened with a touch of honey and has a hint of lemon to give a nice balanced, delicious flavor. With just four ingredients and no pectin required, you will have a flavorful homemade jam in just about 30 minutes!
Blueberries contain more free radical-fighting antioxidants than any other berry, helping to protect against cancer, heart disease, and the effects of aging. Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, phytonutrients, low in calories, and high in water and fiber to help control blood sugar and keep you full longer. So enjoy this sweet but healthy treat on a slice of whole wheat bread or spread over a fresh homemade biscuit!
Blueberry Jam Recipe [No Pectin]:
This blueberry jam recipe has no pectin added because it uses lemon juice to naturally thicken the jam. Lemons are naturally loaded with pectin so the lemon juice helps gel the jam and provides a bright acidic note to balance the sweetness of the jam. Delicious!
This blueberry lemon jam recipe is perfect for canning or use it fresh on the spot.
Blueberry Lemon Jam Ingredients:
- 11 cups Driscoll’s Blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cups honey
How To Make Blueberry Jam:
- Mix blueberries, sugar, lemon zest and juice, and honey in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently, 20 minutes, or until jam looks thick and glossy or until a food-grade thermometer registers 220°F, stirring often to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. The jam will thicken as it cools and thicken even more once refrigerated.
- Or if you wish to use this blueberry lemon jam recipe for canning, skip step 3. Instead, ladle into sterile hot jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace. Check for air bubbles, wipe the rims, and seal. Set jars in a pot of boiling water, ensuring that there is enough water to cover the lids by 1-inch. Let jars boil for 10 minutes. Then remove carefully, and allow to cool.
Thanks to Driscoll’s for sharing this yummy Blueberry Lemon Jam recipe for publication on my blog. Portable, palate pleasing, and packed with nutrition, berries make the perfect snack for the season, and are an important part of a healthy lifestyle.
Printable Recipe For Blueberry Jam
I love the combination of blueberries and lemon- the sweetness of blueberries with the sour tanginess of lemon makes my mouth water! I like that there are only 4 ingredients required and that no pectin is needed. I think you will love this easy Blueberry Jam Recipe too!
Have you ever made your own jam before? Do you think you will try this homemade blueberry jam?