What is on the mind of most parents this time of year? Day camps! My friends all want to know if my kids are doing a camp and which one. Well, I am very excited to tell you that I have been selected as an ambassador for Camp Invention, the nation’s premier summer enrichment day camp that focuses on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). I am so pleased to share Camp Invention with you because I love science. I find it fascinating (hence my major in biology) and I love the idea that Camp Invention takes it to a new level of application to engage children even more in the desire to learn and do and create. (As an ambassador, I am compensated for my time but all opinions expressed are my own.)
Summer Day Camp That Focuses On Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
Turns out that Camp Invention is celebrating their 25th anniversary! That is a lot of inspiration and I am so happy to have my kids be a part of it this year. I told my daughter about the camp and she was totally excited when I explained that it is a day camp that focuses on engineering and inventing! I really think this camp will be so fun and inspiring for both my son and my daughter. They love to see how stuff works and put things together. I love the idea that they get exposure to that because I honestly didn’t know much about what an engineer was when I was growing up. Camp Invention is the only camp that is backed by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and theNational Inventors Hall of Fame. Each year the Camp Invention curriculum is crafted by world-renowned inventors and the most influential people in STEM. Camp Invention’s mission is to inspire young minds to think, make and create, enriching their education and shaping their future.
Illuminate Curriculum Encourages Children To Explore Their Inventiveness And Problem Solving Skills
This year’s Camp Invention day camp curriculum is called Illuminate and will encourage children to explore their inventiveness and problem solving sills with experiences that will harness their curiosity, inspire creativity and evoke a sense of accomplishment. Your kids will get to experience five energetic and fun-filled modules:
- Inducted – This module will introduce your child to innovation role models and give them a first-hand account of what it takes to make their mark on the world and get into the National Inventors Hall of Fame.
- Design Studio – Children will be empowered to explore their creativity in our innovation laboratory, where they can design their own invention, investigate circuits or take on a nature-inspired design challenge.
- I Can Invent: Next Level Gamers – No matter if your child is an avid video gamer or plays occasionally, they will love the opportunity to help the Camp Invention Gaming Labs come up with the next must-have video game called MazeWorld.
- KartWheel – Future engineers will love the opportunity to create a freestyle race kart that can withstand water and navigate the ultimate wet terrain obstacle course – all while designing in the outdoors and getting some exercise.
- M.O.V.E.: Motion, obstacles, variety, excitement – Participants will use their imagination as they reach for the stars and get in motion, overcome obstacles, make variations to classic games and build excitement during this activity!
Find A Camp Invention Near You
They have over 1,200 Camp Invention day camps across the US and over 80,000 lucky kids that participate each year. Want your kids to be makers of the future? Find a Camp Invention near you at campinvention.org Just click the green “Register” button and then enter your zip code to see camps near you. The camp is designed for entering grades 1-6. Register by May 12th to receive $15 off with code SPRING.
New This Year: Camp Invention Take-Home Project and Contest
Camp Invention will introduce a new take-home project this year with an optional contest aspect. Camp Invention participants will have the opportunity to take part in a special take-home project that will keep Campers motivated to innovate throughout the summer. Campers can work closely with their parents to come up with ways to conserve energy and share their ideas on Camp Invention social media properties. The winning idea will be awarded a spot in the 2016 Innovation Echo Showcase at the Smithsonian next May in Washington, D.C.! Learn more about the Innovation Echo: Tomorrow’s Brightest Days panel here: http://innovationecho.
— Inventors HOF (@InventorsHOF) May 4, 2015
Camp Invention Giveaway
One lucky reader will win one Camp Invention 5 day day camp giveaway (free week-long participation of one child in a local Camp Invention).
Camp Invention Giveaway Dates: May 5- May 18, 2015 Midnight CST
How to Enter: Enter through Giveaway Tools- just sign into the widget and click the entries you want to complete (leave comment, share, or follow).
Winner announced above in the Giveaway Tools widget on May 19, 2015. Winner will be selected through Giveaway Tools and I will notify by email. Winner must respond within 4 days or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner will be chosen. Your email will not be shown and will be kept private.