This post is sponsored by DAWN and inspired by uses of DAWN beyond the sink. Most people know DAWN as the dish soap that best cuts grease in the sink, but I have just discovered some new uses that go beyond the sink. DAWN is the ultimate secret weapon for cleaning greasy tools and car wheels too! It’s amazing what a teaspoon of DAWN can do!
How DAWN Cuts Grease and Dirt on Wheels and Tire Rims
This tip is so simple but it is useful- nothing beats DAWN to remove grease and oil from car or bike wheels. You know that filthy black grime that just doesn’t come off your hub caps and wheels even after a trip through the car wash? Well, now you can get it off your tires easily with some hot water, DAWN, and a sponge.
Can I use DAWN to clean my rims?
Yes, here is how you can use just a teaspoon of DAWN to get sparkly clean tires, rims and hubcaps:
- Add a teaspoon of DAWN to a gallon of hot water
- Dip a soft sponge into the bucket, and squeeze out any excess suds and water
- Use the sponge to rub the hubcaps and tires until all grease has been removed from the surface
- Rinse with clean warm water
- Dry your sparkly clean wheels with a soft towel
How To Clean Greasy Tools With DAWN
DAWN can clean many things in your garage from wheels to tools. Got some grimy tools caked with sticky black oil? No problem. DAWN can handle the grease.
Here’s how to clean greasy tools with DAWN:
- Add a teaspoon of Dawn to a gallon of hot water
- Do not soak hand tools, just clean away the grease and oil with a dishrag or sponge that has been dipped in the DAWN cleaning solution
- When clean, thoroughly rinse tools under warm running water and dry them with a towel right away
Easy, peasy! Want more ideas for using Dawn to make cleaning simple? Check out Dawn-dish.com.
#DawnBeyondtheSink Twitter Party
Want to win some great DAWN prizes? Of course you do! Join the #DawnBeyondtheSink Twitter Party on October 28th at 8pm CST for a chance to win.
To participate, follow the hosts @DoubleDutyDivas, @BridgetteLA, @CeceliaMecca @AngieKcom @WhatMommiesNeed @RamblingChick, and the sponsor @Pampers.
· Prize 1 – Rowenta Iron/Sorter Combo + Dawn ($100)
· Prize 2 -. Shark Stick Vac ($100) + Dawn
· Prize 3 – $100 Williams Sonoma GC + Dawn
· Prize 4 – Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer ($350) + Dawn
Also, did you know Dawn is used to help save wildlife from disasters like oil spills?
I hope these DAWN cleaning hacks make your cleaning easier! DAWN goes beyond the sink. Have you found additional uses for DAWN?