This is a step-by-step how to for a DIY flower crown. This is an easy and affordable craft and it only takes a couple of hours to complete. You can use this flower crown tutorial for real fresh flowers or fake flowers. Of course, artificial flowers will make the homemade flower crown so that you can use it over and over again. You may also chose different colored spray paints for your own flower crown to match any theme or outfit. This floral crown is perfect for special occasions.
DIY Flower Crown
Craft Supplies for DIY Floral Crown:
- Faux roses
- Floral Wire
- Plastic spikes
- Pearl beads optional
- Gold spray paint
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun (my affiliate Amazon link)
You can customize your craft supply list to meet your needs. For example, different types of flowers may be used from tiny baby’s breath to large flowers. Real flowers or faux flowers. This DIY flower crown tutorial is customizable to suit your type of flower and type of crown. These flower crowns are a beautiful addition to wedding hairstyles.
How To Make A Flower Crown:
- Measure your head using the wire. Using a wire cutter, cut 3 pieces a bit longer than the length of the circumference of your head. Braid the floral wire together. This will give the base of your crown structure.
- Next, using a glue gun cover the entire crown in glue and let dry. Again, this will give more structure to the crown base as well as making it more softer on your head.
3. Now it is time for the fun part! Clip the roses and decorate around the crown. I suggest getting two or three different sizes and using the larger roses for the front of the crown.
4. Add the spikes using the glue gun. This will make the roses and crown look like it has thorns.
5. There should be some empty spaces left; fill those spaces with leaves from the left over bouquets.
6. Add in pearl beads to fill in extra space if needed. This will add extra dimension and a touch of delicacy. Alternatively, you could use small filler flowers.
You have now completed the flower crown tutorial unless you would like to cover the whole thing with an optional coat of spray paint. I chose to coat my homemade floral crown with a gold spray paint. This works perfectly for getting a gilded look which is well suited to classical Greek costumes with togas.
7. In a well ventilated area, spray paint the entire crown. All to dry. You may want to do a few coats.
8. Let the painted flower crown dry. Then put it on and enjoy!
This simple crown makes a gorgeous floral focal point. I hope you found this floral crown how to helpful. They are really fun for special events! Will you make some DIY flower crowns? If you do, be sure to share your creation with us! You can tweet me a picture @familyfocusblog or tag me on instagram @familyfocusblog. Have fun creating!