I love finding new crafts for kids that are fun, simple, and use few materials that I know I already have on hand. Rainy day and don’t feel like leaving the house? Bring out the tissue paper and whip up these pretty flowers! Kids love this colorful DIY Tissue Paper Flowers Craft because it requires very little help from an adult, and they can decorate their rooms with beautiful flowers either placed on a shelf or hung upside down from the ceiling. Adults will love this craft, as well, because these flowers make amazing wedding or birthday party decorations. You can buy tissue paper flowers already made at a craft store, but why pay so much when you can make paper tissue flowers so easily at home?
DIY Tissue Paper Flowers Tutorial
Tissue Paper Flower Materials:
- Large sheets of colorful tissue paper
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
How To Make Tissue Paper Flowers:
1. Choose between 5 and 8 sheets of colored tissue paper and stack them evenly on top of each other. More than 8 sheets will be too thick to cut, and fewer than 5 won’t be as colorful.
2. Fold the stack of tissue paper into an accordion.
3. Wrap some floral wire around the center of the accordion to hold it together. Trim the wire with wire cutters once it is secure.
4. Decide if you want your flowers to have rounded or pointy petals. Hold the accordion together at the ends and trim them to create your desired petal.
5. Spread the accordion out like a fan and begin peeling the layers of tissue paper apart until you have a beautiful, full flower.
6. You now have a beautiful tissue paper flower which will make a great decoration for your room or event!
Follow these simple instructions for beautiful DIY Tissue Paper Flowers. This is a great craft to do with kids in the spring when the flowers are beginning to bloom, or anytime you need to brighten up the room, and your spirit, with colorful flowers. Try this tissue craft project and let me know what you think of it in the comments!