I love finding new crafts for kids that are fun, simple, and use few materials that I know I already have on hand. Rainy day and don’t feel like leaving the house? Bring out the tissue paper and whip up these pretty flowers! Kids love this colorful DIY Tissue Paper Flowers Craft because it requires very little help from an adult, and they can decorate their rooms with beautiful flowers either placed on a shelf or hung upside down from the ceiling. Adults will love this craft, as well, because these flowers make amazing wedding or birthday party table decorations. You can buy tissue paper flowers already made at a craft store, but why pay so much when you can make paper tissue flowers so easily at home?
Tissue Paper Flowers Tutorial
Tissue Paper Flower Materials:
- Large sheets of colorful tissue paper
- Floral wire (pipe cleaners will work better for tissue paper flowers for kids- green ones are great because the extra parts can beta flower stems)
- Wire cutters
- A pair of scissors
How To Make Tissue Paper Flowers:
You will be surprised how easy it is to make your own tissue paper flowers. Here is how to make flowers out of tissue paper in just 5 simple steps.
1. Choose between 5 and 8 sheets of tissue paper and stack them evenly on top of each other. More than 8 tissue paper sheets will be too thick to cut, and fewer than five won’t be as full. Use different colors of tissue paper if you want each each layer of your adorable tissue paper flowers to have a different color. Another fun idea is to use yellow as your top layer or two for the center of the flower and then use one other color for the other layers to create a pretty tea rose kind of look.
2. Fold the stack of tissue paper into an accordion.
3. Wrap some floral wire around the center of the accordion fold to hold it together. Trim the wire with wire cutters once it is secure.
4. Decide if you want your easy tissue paper flowers to have rounded or pointy petals. These different shapes can give the petal shape quite a different look. Hold the accordion together at the ends and trim them to create your desired petal.
5. Spread the accordion out like a fan and begin peeling the layers of tissue paper apart until you have a beautiful, full flower. That is how to make tissue flowers!
6. You now have a beautiful tissue paper flower which will make a great decoration for your room or event.
Follow these simple instructions to turn tissue paper layers into beautiful DIY Tissue Paper Flowers. This is a great craft to do with kids in the spring when the flowers are beginning to bloom, or anytime you need to brighten up the room, and your spirit, with colorful flowers. They also make great decorations for events like a baby shower or bridal showers. They can even be used to create photo backdrops.Try this tissue craft project and let me know what you think of it in the comments or on social media @familyfocusblog!