DIY hanging flower ornaments are very easy and affordable to create flower decorations for your home. They are a great way to add color and decoration to a room without taking up floor space. Make these flower decorations for your house or for an upcoming event. Since you are the creator, you can make them as casual, classy, bright or fun as you please to match any theme you desire.
DIY Hanging Flower Ornaments Tutorial:
Here are step by step directions for how to make hanging flower ornaments.
Materials you will need for DIY Hanging Flower Ornaments:
- Styrofoam Balls, 5-Inch
- Faux flowers
- Thin rope
- Glue gun
- Wire cutters
- Thumb tacks optional
- Faux butterflies optional
DIY Hanging Flower Ornaments Instructions:
- Using your wire cutter or scissors, clip off the flowers and leave 1/2-1 inch of stem.
- If you are using different sized flowers for one ball, start with the larger flowers and place them sporadically. Then move to the next largest and so on.
- The foam is somewhat fragile so use your glue gun to reenforce the stems. Make a hole in the ball with the stem, then remove the stem, place glue in the hole and place the stem back into the hole.
- Once you have covered the ball, you can add other decorative elements. I chose butterflies, but you can use ladies, birds or whatever you think will look best!
- Cut a piece of the thin rope. Depending on how low you want this to hang is up to you.
- Use the glue gun and glue 1/2-1 inch of the rope on the ball. Depending on how heavy the ball is you may want to add a second layer of glue or flat thumb tacks.
- Finally, hang them up! I used two flat thumb tacks, but you can use which ever method you please.
- Using different flowers, leaves and other decorative elements gives the ornament more dimension and is more aesthetically pleasing. Have fun and enjoy!
Would you make these DIY hanging flower ornaments? Which colors and flowers would you use to make your flower decorations?