I saw this fun DIY house numbers sign by Ken Wingard on Home & Family, which airs weekdays at 10 am on the Hallmark Channel. This simple DIY project adds so much curb appeal and it is pretty quick and easy to do. These DIY house numbers will look great and make it easier for guests to find your home. I was given permission to share the DIY house numbers sign tutorial with you here.
This is a fairly simple DIY home project that you can do with just a few supplies and the end result is very professional and really adds to your curb appeal. These DIY house numbers are great because they are functional and help people locate the correct house easily while at the same time making your front entrance look a little more snazzy. They can be easily customized to match your existing decor through the paint color and through the numbers you select. And you’d never even know but these house numbers are actually on paint sticks so this is a very economical way to add curb appeal too!
DIY House Numbers Sign Tutorial
H&F Photo Credit: Copyright 2015 Crown Media Family Networks/Photographer: Jeremy Lee
DIY House Numbers Supplies:
- House numbers
- Paint sticks
- 8oz Original Gorilla Glue
- Pre-cut plywood
DIY House Numbers Step by Step Directions:
1) Select nice big house numbers that can be easily seen from the street, say 3 or 4 inches in height. Then lay the house numbers out vertically and allow a paint stick space between each house number. Also allow the same amount of blank space in paint sticks above and below the numbers. Measure that total vertical distance and this will be the height you need to have the plywood cut to match. You will want to have a blank space on each side of your numbers as well about the size of a number. So measure that distance for your width of the plywood. The plywood will be the back of your house numbers sign that you don’t see but that holds it all together.
2) Cut your paint sticks to be 1/2” wider than your plywood.
3) Sand the edges and stain the paint sticks.
4) Using Gorilla glue (100% Waterproof), attach the paint sticks to the plywood board.
5) Give the entire piece a coat of polyurethane or marine varnish.
6) Attach house numbers as per house number instructions.
7) Hang your house numbers sign by your door and enjoy the added curb appeal!
I hope you enjoy this small DIY home project for house numbers on paint sticks. Are you trying to brighten your home entrance and improve your home curb appeal or are you simply trying to help visitors find your house more easily? Do you think you will try this DIY house numbers sign project?