One of my favorite things about the holidays is the treats! I have fond memories of my entire family packed in the kitchen baking treats. I think your whole family will love these adorable Rice Krispie Easter Eggs with a hidden surprise inside. They are so simple to make; the entire family can join in.
When your little cuties open the plastic Easter eggs, they will find a Rice Krispies treat shaped egg inside and then when they take a bite, they will find a candy or a hidden surprise of your choice! Kids always love to be surprised. So, the idea that amongst the eggs is one holding an even bigger surprise is sure to be a hit.
So, how do you make these Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats?
Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats With Hidden Surprise Tutorial
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- plastic eggs (size of your choosing)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- candy of your choice
- 1 bag of marshmallows
How To Make Rice Krispies Easter Eggs:
-Clean plastic Easter eggs
-Coat the inside of eggs with cooking spray or butter
-Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a in a large pot over medium heat
-Add the package of marshmallows to the pot and melt down completely as you stir
-Remove from heat
-Add 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal to the pot and mix well
-Once the Rice Krispies mixture is completely combined, add mixture into each half of the eggs
-Hollow a bowl/hole on each side of the egg
-Drop in a few candies of your choice
-Stick the ends together and close the egg
-Let sit for about 20 minutes. After they have cooled you can open your eggs to find a molded Easter egg with a special treat inside!
These Rice Krispies Easter Eggs with a hidden surprise are so easy and inexpensive to make and they add that additional holiday flare that will make your Easter even more memorable! You can see step by step photos of the process over at HansenandHeidelberg.
Here are a few additional ideas for your Rice Krispie Easter Eggs
- Spray the outside of the Rice Krispie treats with edible gold spray. Now you have a Golden rice Krispies Easter egg!
- You can never go wrong with sprinkles (or at least in my book), dust a few Spring-themed sprinkles like these from Wilton over the outside of the Rice Krispie Eggs to give it a charming touch!
- Blue Skies Ahead Blog went the extra mile with their eggs by dipping them in chocolate and of course dusting sprinkles over their Rice Krispie Easter eggs!
Do you prefer the classical Easter egg or do you like to do something different every year? Have you ever made Rice Krispie Eggs before? We’d love to hear the creative ways you make your Easter eggs in the comments below.