Are you counting down the days till Easter? These fun and simple Easter treat holders are just an adorable way to dole out treats to your kids or to make a big bunch up for classroom treats. My favorite craft projects are those in which we can upcycle something that would otherwise be tossed out into something that is cute and functional. These bunny toilet paper tube crafts are a fun way to turn empty toilet paper rolls into cute bunnies. Then you can fill your Easter treat holders with wrapped candy, popcorn, crayons, or little bunny rabbit crayons for something different.
These Bunny Toilet Paper Tube Crafts Make Great DIY Easter Treat Holders
- Empty toilet paper rolls
- White and pink pompoms
- Black marker
- Brown chenille stems (aka pipe cleaners)
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- pink craft foam or pink chenille stems
- brown craft foam
How To Make Bunny Toilet Paper Tube Crafts:
- Cut each toilet paper roll in half.
- Use a black marker to draw eyes on each, you can make sweet little girl or boy bunnies.
- Place your roll on top of the tan foam and cut around it so it is slightly wider and about 2” longer on one side, this will be the feet. Cut your long end into two foot/toe shapes.
- Cut brown bunny ears and the pink inner ear portion from craft foam, I made my ears about ⅓” wide by 3” long. Glue the smaller pink strip inside the ear.
- For each bunny that you want to make you will need to cut 2, 1” pieces of brown chenille stem and bend into a “v” shape to make the whiskers.
- Once you have all your pieces cut you are ready to assemble your bunnies.
- Apply hot glue all around the bottom edge of your paper roll and press firmly onto the foam bunny feet base. Hot glue is best to keep it secure, craft glue may come loose. Your toilet paper roll bunny craft is almost done now.
- Use hot glue or craft glue to attach your ears, whiskers, pom pom nose and tail to your bunny. Now your Easter treat holders are all done.
- Fill the bunny toilet paper crafts with up with whatever treats you like!
If you want to mix it up a little you can let your child color the toilet paper roll with crayons or markers. You could also paint or cover the toilet paper rolls in paper to give more color options but I just loved these natural brown bunny toilet paper tube crafts! Do you think you will make these easy Easter treat holders with your kids? How would you decorate your toilet paper roll bunny craft?