Holly Clegg is sharing her easy chicken parmesan casserole recipe with us today as featured in her cookbook, KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence. It is available through my affiliate Amazon link and it is full of easy, quick dinners for the busy person. This is a no fry chicken parmesan recipe. In fact it is a baked chicken parm. You are going to love how easy it is to make this great weeknight dinner for the whole family!
Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Classic chicken Parmesan is one of those favorite family Italian recipes, but who has time to make the traditional time-intensive recipe? With my one-dish version of chicken parmesan, you can easily whip up this casserole style dish. Wait until you smell the aroma of this easy chicken parmesan recipe cooking in the oven. Each bite with robust marinara, oozing cheese and crunchy croutons will win your family over in minutes. Serve with angel hair pasta and use leftovers for a sandwich the next day, if you have any leftovers that is!
This Italian favorite turns into an easy and effortless one-dish chicken parmesan recipe with layers of chicken, marinara, cheese and topped with crunchy croutons.
Makes 8 servings
Easy Chicken Parmesan Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets pounded thin
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (5-ounce) package garlic croutons
How To Make Chicken Parmesan Casserole
1. Preheat oven 350°F.
2. In 3-quart oblong baking dish, mix oil and garlic. Lay skinless chicken breasts on top. Cover with marinara and sprinkle with basil.
3. Sprinkle with half mozzarella, all Parmesan, all croutons and remaining mozzarella. Bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven or until chicken has reached internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the mozzarella is turning golden brown.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 346, Calories from Fat 39%, Fat 15g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol
84mg, Sodium 724mg, Carbohydrates 19g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 3g,
Protein 33g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Printable Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe Card
Recipe by Holly Clegg. With over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg has become an culinary expert on easy, healthy and practical recipes. She is author of the best- selling trim&TERRIFIC® cookbook series, as well as Diabetic Cooking with the American Diabetes Association, Eating Well Through Cancer and Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. Additionally, Clegg has appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Web MD and The Huffington Post. For more information, visit thehealthycookingblog.com for more recipes and tips.
In place of the garlic croutons, you can use 5 oz of Panko bread crumbs with Italian seasoning.
This easy recipe has minimal prep work and is perfect for busy weeknights! Even picky eaters love tomato sauce with tender chicken and cheese. This delicious parmesan chicken casserole is sure to be a hit. Serve with a side salad and enjoy!