If you love french fries but you would like to find a healthier option, you will love this recipe! These “fries” are homemade and oven baked instead of fried so they make a healthy snack option for you and your kids. They also make a great healthier side for your burger. Plus, the parmesan adds a delicious flavor that you will love. You can call them parmesan potato sticks, parmesan potato wedges, or parmesan baked fries. By any name you are sure love this tasty baked fries recipe!
Recipe For Parmesan Potato Wedges:
Photo Credit: Jo Ann Chaus
This parmesan baked fries recipe was developed and shared by Nicole Selinsky, Nutrition Director at Camp Pocono Trails, a weight loss camp in Pennsylvania for kids ages 7-19.
-Measuring cups and spoons
-Knife and Cutting Board
-Cookie sheets and spatula
Parmesan Potato Sticks Ingredients:
-1 ½ pounds russet potatoes
-2 tbsp. melted margarine
-1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
-1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
-1/4 tsp. paprika
-1/4 tsp. garlic powder
How To Make Parmesan Potato Wedges
1. Wash potatoes thoroughly; do not peel.
2. Cut lengthwise into quarters and then cut each quarter into halves. Or you can cut them into thin potato sticks if you prefer.
3. Coat potatoes with margarine. Combine crumbs, cheese, and seasonings. Coat the potatoes in the mixture by turning the potatoes in the mixture.
4. Place potatoes in a single layer on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15. Then flip and cook for another 15 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
5. Divide into one-half cup portions and serve immediately.
Serving size: ½ cup
Fat: 6 g
Russet potatoes will give you longer, more traditional shaped fries. However, you can also use other varieties of potatoes, if you prefer.
You can use olive oil instead of margarine.
I add salt to taste after they are cooked.
I sometimes do just a couple of potatoes for a quick snack for the kids. In this case I use just a couple of tablespoons of bread crumbs and parmesan with a few sprinkles of spices. Very easy!
Printable Parmesan Potato Wedges Recipe
I love how these baked fries turn out. They are so full of flavor and easy to make. Do you think you will try this Parmesan Potato wedges recipe? Will you use it as a side dish or a snack for the kids when they get home from school?