Here is a delicious recipe for Fraises Romanoff. It is a light, sweet, refreshing dessert that is easy to make! Fraises is French for strawberries and fresh strawberries are the star of this dessert. The sweet and tart flavors of fresh berries so wonderful with the creamy accompaniment. This Strawberry Romanoff Recipe will serve 4-5 people and it is a perfect way to enjoy the summer strawberry season. Kids and adults alike are sure to enjoy this light fruit dessert.
Fraises Romanoff Recipe (AKA Strawberries Romanoff Dessert)
Fraises Romanoff Ingredients:
- Heavy cream
- Plain gelatin
- Sour cream
- Cinnamon optional
How To Make Fraises Romanoff Dessert:
- First, clean and chop strawberries. Place them in a bag with some sugar and put in the fridge. This will pull out a bit of the strawberry juices and allow the strawberries to sweeten.
- Next, mix 1 cup and 3 tablespoons of heavy cream, 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 envelope of gelatin in a saucepan. Boil gently until gelatin is thoroughly dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool until slightly thickened.
- Next, add 1/2 pint of sour cream (1 cup) and flavor with 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Whisk everything until mix is quite smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl or 3 cup metal mold.
- Cover and chill until it sets. This should take around 4 hours.
- Dip the bottom of the bowl or mold into hot water until the edges start to melt. Then flip the bowl or mold over and place the mixture onto serving plate.
- Spoon fresh sugared strawberries over the molded mixture. Serve and enjoy your homemade dessert!
You are sure to love this light fruit dessert that packs so much delicious strawberry flavor. It is so easy to make and so good. Perfect for dinner parties or just as an afternoon treat.
Printable Recipe For Fraises Romanoff
For variations, you can top with cinnamon or try with different fruits. You can also top with fresh whipped cream made with a splash of brandy or Grand Marnier.
Recipes always change with time as different people make them. This version of Fraises Romanoff is very similar to an Italian vanilla Panna Cotta with fresh strawberries. However, the addition of the sour cream gives it a bit of tangy flavor and Russian flair. It is simply delicious.
What is your favorite fruit dessert? Have you ever made or would you ever make Fraises Romanoff?