I was recently spotted something I really wanted for my new coming baby- Happy Heinys pocket cloth diapers. I used cloth diapers for my first two babies so I knew I liked them. However, I wanted to replace some of the newborn sized diaper selection that I had. I used an all in one AIO cloth diaper in a newborn size the first couple times around. These did not have tight leg gussets and I found the newborn baby poo often ran right out the sides! That is why I wanted to get some Happy Heinys. A friend of mine who used Happy Heinys fitted cloth diapers and liked them. So I decided to see what they had to offer.
Happy Heinys Pocket Diaper Review:
Maternity and Baby Shopping Mart provided me with a super cute Happy Heinys Pocket Diaper, One Size with Aplix, Silly Monkey Diaper which will be great for letting my summer baby run around in and a pure white pocket diaper for wearing under things. I will share my product reviews with you here.
The Happy Heinys One Size Pocket Diaper will fit most babies 7.5 lbs to 35 lbs. This means it will be good for diaper changes all the way into the potty training phase. That is pretty cool! The outer pul layers are waterproof to keep the mess inside.
Happy Heiny’s diapers come with 2 inserts. You can use the smaller or the larger aplix insert depending on your babies needs or double up for over-nighters! Some people like to order extra hemp stuffins or a microfiber insert but I like the ones that come with the diapers best. Go figure!
I remember wondering what the big fuss was about pocket diapers. Now that I have had two kids and cloth diapered them, the benefits seem obvious! You can take the insert out which means that you can wash and dry it that much more easily and efficiently. (I remember sometimes throwing my old AIO diapers back in the washing machine for a second wash or a second dry.) Happy Heinys pocket cloth diapers are also less bulky and the soft fleece on the diaper separates your baby’s skin from the wet cloth- huge bonus. As I said, so obvious in hind sight but when I didn’t even have much experience with cloth diapering, I had no clue!
6 Benefits of Happy Heinys Diapers:
1. These Happy Heinys nappies have high quality hook & loop tab closures which make for easy laundering.
2. They use custom milled fleece for the inside of the diaper and it is super soft for baby’s skin.
3. There are no leg casings, which make better fitting diapers and contain messes better without leaving red marks on your baby’s legs.
4. Happy Heinys have been tested for 12 hours or more at night with absolutely wicking for most babies.
5. Specially manufactured microfiber terry inserts made of 3 layers of soft and very absorbent microfiber. They are completely chemical free.
6. These pocket diapers also double as Swim Diapers! No need to buy extra swim diapers for your baby, simply remove the insert from your pocket diaper and it becomes a swim diaper!
The Happy Heinys pocket cloth diapers come in more prints and solids to suit your taste. Available at various diaper retailers.
Maternity and Baby Shopping Mart did provide me with the diapers in the hopes that I would share my honest opinions. I received no monetary compensation and the opinions expressed are my own.
The Proper Care and Cleaning of Baby Clothes
10 Money Saving Ideas for New Parents