This healthy waffle recipe offers the perfect combination of sweet and savory. You will love these gluten free Sweet Potato and Rosemary Waffles. These sweet potato waffles would delight any foodie and the fact that they are a clean eating recipe is just a bonus. Sweet potatoes are packed full of great nutrition. This amazing recipe is shared with us today by POUND fitness.
Healthy Waffle Recipe: Gluten Free Sweet Potato Waffles
Sweet Potato and Rosemary Waffles
Makes 4 Servings (Gluten-Free)
- 1 1/2 Cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 3/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cup sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 tsp rosemary, minced
- 1 – 2 Tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
How To Make Sweet Potato Waffles:
1. Combine brown rice flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add unsweetened almond milk, 4 egg yolks, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sweet potatoes, and rosemary to mixture. Mix until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whip 4 egg whites with a hand mixer until it resembles whipped cream. Fold whipped egg whites into mixture until fully combined with a creamy texture.
3. Grease waffle maker with ghee and place 3 large spoonfuls of waffle mixture onto the center of hot waffle maker. Close and cook for 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked.
These delicious Sweet Potato and Rosemary Waffles are great served as breakfast or dinner, with or without a touch of pure maple syrup! Not only is the rice flour waffles recipe gluten free, it also makes the waffles really light and fluffy! So do you think you will try this healthy waffle recipe?
Printable Healthy Sweet Potato Waffles Recipe
This is a pretty easy Sweet Potato Waffle Recipe and I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does! For more amazing recipes from POUND, check out the POUND blog.