This healthy waffle recipe offers the perfect combination of sweet and savory. You will love these gluten free Sweet Potato and Rosemary Waffles. These sweet potato waffles would delight any foodie and the fact that they are a clean eating recipe is just a bonus. Sweet potatoes are packed full of great nutrition. This amazing recipe is shared with us today by POUND fitness. It uses wholesome ingredients for a delicious breakfast you can enjoy.
Healthy Gluten Free Sweet Potato Waffles
Sweet Potato and Rosemary Waffles
Makes 4 Servings (Gluten-Free)
- 1 1/2 Cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 3/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1.25 cups sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 tsp rosemary, minced
- 1.5 Tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
How To Make Sweet Potato Waffles:
1. Combine the dry ingredients (brown rice flour, baking powder, and salt) in a large mixing bowl. Add unsweetened almond milk, 4 egg yolks, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sweet potatoes, and rosemary to mixture. Mix until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whip 4 egg whites with a hand mixer until it resembles whipped cream. Fold whipped egg whites into mixture until fully combined with a creamy texture.
3. Grease waffle maker with ghee and place 3 large spoonfuls of waffle batter onto the center of the preheated waffle iron. Close and cook for 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked.
Serve and enjoy! If there are any extra waffles, store them in an airtight container and place in freezer. Then just heat them up in a toaster oven before serving for an easy breakfast on busy mornings.
Printable Sweet Potato Healthy Waffles Recipe
These delicious Sweet Potato and Rosemary Homemade Waffles are great served as breakfast or dinner, with or without a touch of pure maple syrup! Not only is the rice flour waffles recipe gluten free, it also makes the waffles really light and fluffy! You can also add a large spoonful of Greek yogurt on top of the golden brown waffles for a healthy breakfast a little higher in protein.
This is a pretty easy Sweet Potato Waffle Recipe and I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does! For more amazing recipes from POUND, check out the POUND blog.
So do you think you will try this healthy waffle recipe? Share your pics on social media @familyfocusblog