These days it seems that we are all spending more time at home than ever before. Our homes are our shelters from the storms of life, both literally and figuratively. It is important that we set our home up to function for us in ways that increase our comfort and happiness. That is why I am glad to partner with Whirlpool Corporation to introduce you to their newest customer resource, the Improving Life at Home Hub. It is filled with great tips to help you get the most out of your home.
How To Make Your Home More Enjoyable
Our home environment contributes immensely to how we feel, especially now that we’re spending more time in our homes than ever. In fact, research from the Happiness Research Institute in The GoodHome Report 2019 finds that, “Our homes account for 15% of our overall happiness. Much more than our income or employment status.” The report also found that “73% of people who are happy at home are also happy in life.” We all need a place of restoration and comfort.
Not surprisingly, home improvements such as redecorating, organizing and even remodeling have been on the rise. Whirlpool Corporation’s research shows people have made changes to their lives at home in recent months:
- New household dynamics have emerged, with families cooking together more and household chores split more evenly.
- Households have also come to appreciate their time together more, as they spend more quality time together, doing things like exercising and learning new skills.
- For full results of the survey and other information on how to Improve Life at Home, you can visit Whirlpool Corporation’s Improving Life at Home. You’ll find everything from kitchen tips to cleaning and organizing tips. You are going to love these actionable tips for how to enjoy your home more.
How To Create A Positive Atmosphere At Home
There are many things we can do to get the most out of our space and create a positive atmosphere at home. Happiness Expert and CEO of the Happiness Research Institute, Meik Wiking partnered with Whirlpool Corporation to provide tips on how to ensure the home is a source of happiness during these challenging times. He points out that “happiness is homemade” and offers positive habits and ways to maintain the routines that make us most happy at home for the long term.
Here are five tips to find more happiness at home for you and those closest to you.
- Make one night of the week family cooking time, so all the family knows that’s a time you’ll spend together.
- Create a rotation for the housework and give the kids their own specific day or chore to own.
- Block out time for “me time” and find a quiet corner of your home, ideally decluttered and full of natural light, for those online tutorials, guitar practices or knitting projects.
- Set a time to connect with friends and family you can’t yet meet in the flesh, and stick to it. Providing mutual support to one another, and maintaining connections with loved ones, is a proven driver of wellbeing.
- Carve out opportunities to spend some time outside! Going for a walk once per day or taking time to tend the garden can provide an important break – and help you value your home even more.
I have also embedded a cute little video here that is a good reminder to find the silver linings.
I hope you enjoyed these tips for making your home a more enjoyable place. Don’t forget to visit Improving Life At Home for a wealth of information on how to make things run smoother in your kitchen and around the home as well as tips to keep your appliances running at their best.
What are your best tips for how to enjoy your home?
Tips To Stress Less During The Holiday Season
Awesome read. As father to four kids, twins included, there is a huge need to enjoy home and family. I find blogs like this and my own dad version so helpful in the parenting journey. Keep up the good work!