Who doesn’t love the smell of banana bread? The delicious, warm, and appetizing smell of my mom’s banana bread will make anyone go crazy. When my mom starts baking banana bread, it can wake me up from a nap almost instantly. The smell is just so yummy even talking about it is making my mouth water right now. My mom’s banana bread is not just like any ordinary banana bread. She adds her special touch to it. Whenever my mom cooks, she always adds more flavors and she finds her own unique twist which makes whatever she’s making much better than it was supposed to turn out.
My Mom’s Famous Banana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- Nuts (optional)
- Nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves (What makes it this banana bread OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!)
- 2 sticks of butter
Banana Bread Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the eggs well. Add the sugar, melted butter, and vanilla, mix again. (Basically mix all the liquids together first.)
- Add the flour with baking soda gradually mixing it all together. (Basically, gradually mix all the dry ingredients next.)
- After everything has been mixed, cut your ripe bananas into medium size chunks. This allows for easy mashing. Mash your bananas in the mixture. sprinkle some cinnamon, or nutmeg, or cloves.
- In your baking dish, spray some Pam so the banana bread doesn’t stick. If you want to add nuts to your banana bread, sprinkle them on top of it. Pour your batter into your baking dish.
- Bake banana bread loaf at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Take out and cool.
Now that you know my mom’s famous banana bread recipe, I can’t wait till you get to try it! Do you have any family banana bread recipes or have added your own twist to it? I’d love to hear you additions to such a classic and delicious treat!