Paper Use Statistics
It has been said that the average business uses about 1 pound of paper per day per employee! Do you think you could use less paper? How about your office or school? Once you reduce your paper consumption as much as you can, the next step is recycling.
Paper Recycling Statistics
Wiki Answers suggests that recycling one ton of paper saves:
* approximately 13 trees
* 2.5 barrels of oil
* 4100 Kilowatt hours of Electricity
* 4 cubic meters of landfill, 141 cubic feet
* 31,780 liters of water, or 8,395 gallons
* 60 pounds less of air pollution
More Stunning Paper Recycling Statistics (from Recycling Revolution)
* If all our newspaper was recycled, we could save about 250,000,000 trees each year!
* The amount of wood and paper we throw away each year is enough to heat 50,000,000 homes for 20 years if we recycled it all!
* In 1993, U.S. paper recovery saved more than 90,000,000 cubic yards of landfill space.
I hope these paper recycling statistics inspire you to reduce, reuse, and recycle all the paper you are responsible for and maybe even to help get paper recycling into your office and/ or schools!
You may also like to read You Can Recycle Even Stuff You Thought Was Trash!