When I heard about Philips Airfryer – the innovative new kitchen appliance that allows home chefs to fry, bake roast and grill with ½ tablespoon of oil or less – I was very intrigued. I never fry things at home because I don’t like the mess, the smoke, and wasting so much oil. My husband loves fried food though so I thought the Air Fryer might be the solution. I was provided with a Philips Airfryer in order to facilitate this review. I received no monetary compensation and the opinions expressed are my own.
Review of the Philips Airfryer- An Innovative New Kitchen Appliance
Air fryers have gained popularity for several reasons, making them a preferred kitchen appliance for many people. Here are some reasons why people choose air fryers:
- Healthier Cooking Option: Air fryers use hot air circulation to cook food, requiring only a small amount of oil or, in some cases, none at all. This results in healthier meals compared to traditional deep frying methods, as it reduces the overall fat content in the food.
- Faster Cooking Times: Air fryers cook food faster than traditional ovens. The hot air circulating at high speeds helps to cook food quickly, making it a convenient option for busy individuals or families.
- Versatility: Air fryers are versatile appliances that can be used to cook a wide variety of foods, including fries, chicken wings, vegetables, and even desserts. Some models also come with additional features like grilling, roasting, and baking.
- Convenience: Air fryers are generally easy to use and require minimal preheating time. They often come with adjustable temperature settings and timers, allowing users to customize the cooking process for different recipes.
- Energy Efficiency: Compared to traditional ovens, air fryers are often more energy-efficient for smaller portions of food. They heat up quickly and do not require preheating, which can contribute to energy savings.
NEW Philips Airfryer (HD9230/52)
“Philips Airfryer provides the healthy way to fry your favorite foods, giving you the taste you love – without the guilt. Using Rapid Air Technology for the perfect result, your food will contain less fat than if it was fried in the traditional way.”
Philips Digital Airfryer Review
I unpacked the Philips Airfryer and took a closer look. How could this thing fry foods with that little oil? Well, it uses Rapid Air Technology – fast circulating hot air and a grill element – to allow you to cook a variety of foods with only 1⁄2 tbsp. of olive oil in a fast and easy way. I found that Philips Airfryer does deliver a great taste with far less oil.
Homemade Fries in The Philips Air Fryer
My husband tried the Philips Airfryer out first by making fries from scratch and cooking them. They came out great. The fries were golden and crisp. I thought they were not exactly like fries from a pan of oil because they weren’t as greasy. The fries had great flavor though and I was happy to know they were more healthy. Plus there was no oily mess, or smoke from the air frying process.
Fish Cooked in The Philips Airfryer
Next, I gave the Philips Airfryer a whirl by making fried cod nuggets. I should mention that I got the recipe form the Philips Airfryer recipe book which comes with the Airfryer. The Philips Airfryer only takes 2-4 moments to preheat. I was amazed at how fast it is.
Then you just push a button for your food type to select the right temperature. The cook time was only about 7 minutes. I loved the cod nuggets. The batter was nice and thick and crunchy and flavorful and yet it only needed a bit of oil mixed into the panko bread crumbs. It was super easy to make and tasted great. My favorite part is that there was no soggy side- it was all cooked evenly because of the circulating air through the mesh tray. I also found out you could maximize the Airfryer’s cooking space with the double layer accessory so I could cook more at once and still get even air circulation.
Philips Airfryer Flavor And Crunch
I also used the Philips Airfryer to cook chicken tenders and my husband made some jalepeno poppers. I love the flavor and crunch of everything we made. The only drawback would be that if you want to cook for more than 3 or 4 people at a time, you would have to do batches. The Philips Airfryer is great for someone who wants to use less fat than a traditional fryer for items like fries or chicken fingers. It is also great for cooking things like a frittata because it doesn’t get your kitchen messy and requires virtually zero cleanup at the end, which is great for rushed mornings! With the the Philips Airfryer, you can set the built in timer and actually leave the kitchen and not worry about flipping.
Philips Air Fryer Features
- Unique design and Rapid Air Technology for delicious and low-fat cooking results.
- Fully adjustable temperature control lets you select the optimal cooking temperature for your food up to 390 degrees.
- Timer allows you to pre-set cooking times of up to 60 minutes. The auto-off function includes a “ready”sound indicator.
- Food rack separator accessory allows you to fry multiple dishes at the same time and prevents the flavors of different foods mixing with each other.
- Removable drawer and food basket feature a non-stick coating (great for cooking fritattas) and are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Available now on WilliamsSonoma.com and usa.philips.com or through my Amazon affiliate link.
I think the Philips Airfryer is a handy kitchen gadget to have to making smaller batches of fried things that I would otherwise not cook. I love the way the food cooks so evenly and so quickly. Do you like the idea of achieving a fried effect with less oil? What would you like to try cooking in your Philips Airfryer?