For those of us observing a healthy diet and exercise regime, romantic dates aren’t the only temptation when Valentine’s Day comes around. Do yourself a favor and skip the drug store candy aisle– try this low-sugar, deliciously sweet raspberry cream pie recipe instead. It is decadent with cream cheese, whipped cream, and raspberries but it is low on sugar so you can relax and enjoy.
Raspberry Cream Pie
Bonus tip: Invite your sweetie over to prepare this yummy treat with you.
Low-Sugar Raspberry Cream Pie
Raspberry Cream Pie Ingredients:
Pie Crust Ingredients-
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons stevia
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup butter
Raspberry Cream Pie Filling-
- Two packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup stevia
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup raspberries, plus additional for garnish (if desired)
How To Make Raspberry Cream Pie
- As always, preheat your oven! 375 will do for this quick recipe.
- You’re going to want to start from the bottom and prepare your crust first so you have time to bake it while you mix together the filling.
- Mix the pie crust ingredients together in a bowl until the almond flour is thoroughly coated and sticks together nicely.
- Then, press firmly into the bottom of one well-greased 9” round pie pan or into 4 individual size pie pans.
- Slide that into the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Just place the crust to the side and let it cool once the 8-10 minutes are up.
- For the filling of this ravishing raspberry treat, place the softened cream cheese in a large bowl and, using an electric mixer (or your valentines’ strong arms), beat until light and fluffy.
- Once you have a nice bowl of fluffy cream cheese, tell your other half to keep on mixing while you pour in the vanilla extract, stevia and lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Grab a second bowl and whip that heavy cream until it forms heavy peaks.
- Have your partner slowly spoon the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix while you stir gently.
- Next, mix in your whole raspberries, pour into your crust, and pop it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
Now, all you have to do is wait. Time for a romantic date with your Valentine while you’re waiting for your dessert to cool?
Printable Raspberry Cream Pie Recipe
Why not prepare a Valentine’s Day dinner together, watch a romantic movie, go for a walk, or choose from among the endless possibilities. And whatever it is you run away to do, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that the treat awaiting you at the end of your Valentine’s Day celebration is low sugar and—most importantly!— very delicious.
I hope you enjoy this delicious raspberry cream pie!