Everyone loves a good Chinese chicken salad! It has become quite a popular dish at many restaurants so today I have a recipe for Chinese chicken salad with mandarin oranges that is easy to make at home. This recipe is from Chef Katie Chin‘s new cookbook: “Everyday Chinese Cookbook: 101 Delicious from Mother’s Kitchen”. She shared this recipe on Home & Family, which airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel and I received permission to share that with you here.
Katie Chin’s Recipe For Chinese Chicken Salad With Mandarin Oranges
This recipe for Chinese chicken salad with mandarin oranges is low on sugar but high on flavor. You will love how easy it is to make an impress guests with your everyday Chinese cooking skills.
Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing Recipe-
First you will make the Chinese chicken salad dressing recipe that is such an integral part of the flavors this dish is known for.
Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing Ingredients:
• 1/3 Cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1.5 teaspoons chili garlic sauce or sambal oelek
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive or canola oil
• 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
How To Make Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and chili garlic sauce. Then add the oils and set aside to let your flavors come together while you prepare the easy recipe for Chinese chicken salad.
Recipe For Chinese Chicken Salad With Mandarin Oranges
Chinese Chicken Salad Ingredients:
• 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
• 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded
• 1 large carrot, shredded
• 2 green onions (scallions), green and white parts, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds, plus more for garnish
• One 11-oz can mandarin oranges in water, drained
• 2 cups shredded store bought rotisserie chicken meant (or grilled chicken breast slices)
• 1/2 cup fried wonton strips, plus more for garnish
• 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
How To Make Chinese Chicken Salad:
In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, red cabbage, carrot, green onion, sliced almonds, mandarin oranges, shredded chicken, wonton strips, and toasted sesame seeds.
Pour Chinese chicken salad dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Garnish with additional wonton strips.
Serve this easy Chinese chicken salad immediately.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Chinese Chicken Salad with mandarin oranges. Do you think you will try this recipe? For more great every day Chinese food recipes, check out my affiliate link for the cookbook on amazon.
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #familyfocusblog!