Today I am featuring a simple Honey Apple Chicken Recipe from Daphne Brogdon who says her six year old son approves of this family meal. You may be familiar with Daphne Brogdon as a television personality and Food Network Star. She is also a standup comic, blogger, wife and mom. Daphne shared this recipe on Home & Family which airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel. I received permission to share it this delicious Honey Apple Chicken Recipe with you here.
Kid-Friendly Simple Honey Apple Chicken Recipe
Enjoy this simple but flavorful recipe for chicken that even kids will love.
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 juice of a whole lime
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- A sprinkle of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 4 chicken boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of apple juice
How To Make Honey Apple Chicken
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, lime juice, red pepper flakes, and salt together in a medium sized bowl that has a lid.
- Put boneless skinless chicken into the marinade and refrigerate. If you are crunched for time, 15 minutes will do otherwise a few hours is better to let it the chicken absorb more flavor.
- Cook chicken in a hot pan with oil to searing on both sides, about a min each side. Then turn the heat down.
- Pour the extra marinade into pan the pan and add a tablespoon of butter. Add 2 Tablespoons of apple juice, for extra sweetness and color.
- Cook for about 5 minutes longer on each side or until done all the way through which will depend on the thickness of the chicken breast.
- Serve the simple honey apple chicken with rice and veggies or other side dishes of your choice such as deep dish greens or a carrot souffle.
So do you think this kid-friendly recipe will pass your little one’s picky palate? Let me know how it goes and what you think of this simple honey apple chicken recipe from Daphne Brogdon.
You may also enjoy this Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie Recipe.