Today I am featuring a simple Honey Apple Chicken Recipe from Daphne Brogdon who says her six year old son approves of this family meal. You may be familiar with Daphne Brogdon as a television personality and Food Network Star. She is also a standup comic, blogger, wife and mom. Daphne shared this recipe on Home & Family which airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel. I received permission to share it this delicious Honey Apple Chicken Recipe with you here.
Kid-Friendly Honey Apple Chicken
Enjoy this simple but flavorful recipe for chicken that even kids will love.
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 juice of a whole lime
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- A sprinkle of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 4 chicken boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of apple juice
How To Make Honey Apple Chicken
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, lime juice, red pepper flakes, and salt together in a medium sized bowl that has a lid.
- Put boneless skinless chicken into the marinade and refrigerate. If you are crunched for time, 15 minutes will do otherwise a few hours is better to let it the chicken absorb more flavor.
- Cook chicken in a hot pan with oil to searing on both sides, about a min each side. Then turn the heat down.
- Pour the extra marinade into pan the pan and add a tablespoon of butter. Add 2 Tablespoons of apple juice, for extra sweetness and color.
- Cook for about 5 minutes longer on each side or until done all the way through which will depend on the thickness of the chicken breast.
- Serve the simple honey apple chicken with rice and veggies or other side dishes of your choice such as kale and collard greens or a carrot souffle.
Printable Honey Apple Chicken Recipe
So do you think this kid-friendly recipe will pass your little one’s picky palate? Let me know how it goes and what you think of this simple honey apple chicken recipe from Daphne Brogdon.