I love healthy cooking that tastes good and is quick and easy. As someone who is health conscious and a busy mom, it just makes sense. That is why I love recipes from Holly Clegg. She has seven cookbooks and has sold over 1.5 million copies! Her Too Hot in The Kitchen cookbook (affiliate link below) features 200 simple, easy recipes plus fun women’s quotes to inspire eating healthy! You’ll love her trim and terrific twist on everyday recipes. Today, I have been given permission to share a delicious stuffed salmon recipe from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook. I just love these easy feta and spinach stuffed salmon fillets because they only require 5 ingredients and they taste amazing!
Feta Spinach Stuffed Salmon Fillets
I have recently developed a huge appreciation for salmon. It is just so good for you- filled with high-quality protein, potassium, selenium and vitamin B12, and omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, it cooks up nice and is a healthy meal that is quick and full of rich flavor. You are just going to love this stuffed salmon recipe for feta spinach stuffed salmon fillets! It is an easy recipe and the resulting stuffed salmon fillet is impressive enough for dinner parties and special ocassions.
Stuffed Salmon with Spinach Feta Stuffing from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen Cookbook
Freezer friendly, Gluten free
This magnificent dish is gourmet-on-the-go and takes minutes to prepare.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach (fresh spinach, fine chop)
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
How To Make Stuffed Salmon
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (or thin layer of olive oil).
2. In bowl, combine cream cheese and feta with fork, mixing until blended. Add onion and spinach, combining well.
3. On a cutting board, split each piece of salmon in half lengthwise without cutting all the way through (make pocket). Divide creamy spinach mixture in the center of the salmon spreading to cover. Sprinkle the top of the fillet with salt and pepper.
4. Place top salmon piece back over filling and on prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven or until flaky and done.
Optional: Sprinkle cooked salmon with some fresh lemon juice before you serve. I hope you enjoy this salmon feta spinach flavor combination as much as I do! This salmon dish is so good.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 291 Calories from fat 37% Fat 11g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 114mg Sodium 438mg Carbohydrate 3g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 1g Protein 42g Dietary Exchanges: 5 lean meat
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, having a wide variety of benefits from reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke to reducing joint pain from inflammation – and is better absorbed through food than supplements.
PRINTABLE EASY STUFFED SALMON RECIPE CARD
I recently had the pleasure of trying some amazing wild caught salmon from Sitka Salmon Shares. Wild caught salmon has so much more delicious flavor. You may want to try them too because they deliver premium, sustainable, wild Alaskan seafood from fisherman directly to your doorstep. Pretty cool!
This healthy recipe is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, this creamy spinach stuffed salmon is a memorable fancy dinner dish with so much flavor. Don’t you just love have fast and easy seafood is to cook? Are you a fan of stuffed salmon recipes? Are you looking forward to trying this recipe for spinach stuffed salmon fillets? It is such a great flavor combination and perfect for family dinners.
If you enjoy salmon, you may also enjoy trying these salmon recipes: