I love healthy recipes that taste delicious. That is certainly the case with these Curry King Salmon Kabobs. King salmon is renowned for its high omega-3 content, health benefits, and rich flavor. The curry and grilled veggies add a whole extra layer of flavor and you can devour these all by themselves or with some jasmine rice. This Salmon Kabob Recipe was shared with me by POUND. For more amazing recipes from POUND, check out the nutrition guide available in the newly released ROCKOUT RESULTS SYSTEM at poundfit.com
Curry Salmon Kabobs
Salman Kababs Photo Credit: Brita Potenza
You will just love these Thai style marinated salmon skewers- bursting with flavor and so delicious! This salmon kabobs recipe is easy fancy enough for house guests. My favorite way to serve it is with a few lime or lemon slices and side of Jasmine rice for a complete meal. Whole wheat couscous makes for an even healthier dinner.
Curry King Salmon Kabob Ingredients:
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 Tbsp Thai curry powder
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 t smoked paprika
- one teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 t garlic, minced
- Juice of one lime
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless wild-caught salmon, cut each of salmon filets into salmon cubes
- 1 fresh zucchini, cut into thick slices
- one red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous, cooked
You will need some bamboo, metal, or wooden skewers. Follow soaking instruction on the package for the skewers. Wood or bamboo skewers usually need at least 10 minutes submerged in water to help make sure they don’t catch flame or cook themselves . The kabobs with salmon pieces can be cooked over the outdoor grill grate or in the oven on broil. Keep an eye on them the whole time they are cooking.
How To Make Salmon Kabobs:
- In a small bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients.
- Place salmon 1-inch cubes, zucchini, pieces of red onion, and bell peppers in a baking dish. Pour in marinade and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler at medium to high heat. Skewer salmon and vegetables and make sure to save the remaining marinade.
- Place salmon kabobs on a hot grill for 5-7 minutes, rotating once, until salmon is completely cooked through. If broiling, place kabobs on a broiler pan and broil for 12 minutes, turning once.
- While salmon kababs are cooking, boil the remaining marinade. Remove your kabobs when cooked and drizzle remaining marinade over them.
Sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Salmon can be substituted for pasture-raised chicken. If using chicken, marinate and cook the chicken and vegetables separately.
Printable Salmon Kabob Recipe
I love to grill kabobs in the warm weather and I am a salmon lover so this healthy salmon kabob recipe is a favorite. I hope you enjoy these Curry King Salmon Kabobs. If you enjoy curry, you may also enjoy this shrimp and red curry noodles recipe. What are your other favorite seafood recipes?