Terry Walters is a best-selling author and one of the original leaders of the clean-eating movement. That is why I am so excited that she is sharing a recipe with us today that makes eating healthy delicious and easy! Terry’s new version of her best-selling cookbook CLEAN FOOD, has tons of new information resources and recipes, as well as a new chapter dedicated to CLEAN SNACKING (perfect for busy moms &kids.) Terry makes a habit of sharing recipes with seasonal food that will delight the taste buds, strengthen immunity, clear skin, and improve sleep, and so much more. This vegan corn chowder recipe is amazingly creamy and satisfying and full of delicious flavors!
Vegan Corn Chowder Recipe- Healthy And Delicious!
When I prepare dinner , I try to make sure there’s something for everyone. This Sweet Potato, Corn and Kale Chowder accomplishes that in one pot and is a colorful variation on an old favorite. It cooks up quickly and provides a balanced meal rich in nutrients all in one satisfying bowl.
Clean Eating: Sweet Potato, Kale, and Corn Chowder
The below vegan corn chowder recipe is reprinted from CLEAN FOOD with permission. This healthy chowder cooks up quickly and provides a balanced meal rich in nutrients.
Yield: 6 servings
Sweet Potato, Corn and Kale Chowder Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups rice milk, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 bunch kale, chopped into small pieces
- Water or stock as needed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How To Make Healthy Corn Chowder
- In large pot over medium heat, sauté onion in oil until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add celery, carrots, sweet potatoes, corn, thyme and stock and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add enough rice milk to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add dissolved cashew butter.
- Partially purée using a handheld blender.
- Add kale, return to heat, thin with water or stock to achieve desired consistency and cook until kale is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This vegan corn chowder recipe is a keeper! You’ll want to print it out and use it over and over again!
Printable Recipe For Vegan Corn Chowder
Terry Walters, is a well-known holistic health counselor, food educator, and motivational speaker. Visit her website for more clean eating recipes.
I hope you enjoy this kale sweet potato corn chowder! What other clean eating recipes do you enjoy?