Kids love trampolines. That is just the way it is. I remember when I was little, if I got to go to someone’s house that had a trampoline, that was the first thing we did- jump our little hearts out! Trampolines are an excellent way for kids to have active fun. However, they can be accident prone if proper trampoline safety is not practiced. Here are 10 trampoline rules to keep your kids safe!
Do we really trampoline need rules? Are trampolines dangerous?
Unfortunately, trampolines can be dangerous when proper safety protocols are not used. As the Mayo Clinic points out, “…trampoline injuries cover a wide spectrum, from small lacerations to fractures…” Trampoline rules are absolutely essential in order to keep kids safe.
Are there any safe trampolines?
Some trampolines are safer than others. A trampoline safety net is a must. Not long ago, I received a Springfree Trampoline in order to facilitate my review and it is known as The World’s Safest Trampoline.
What makes Springfree Trampolines the safest trampolines? Well, they feature a radically different design. This unique design eliminates 90 percent of product-related injuries associated with traditional trampolines. Springfree Trampolines feature a flexible net that gently rebounds the jumper without traditional metal poles and without metal springs! The Springfree trampoline frame is below the jumping surface, out of harm’s way.
10 Trampoline Safety Rules:
Springfree Trampoline wants everyone to enjoy safe jumping in their backyards. To help keep jumpers safe, Springfree Trampoline offers 10 tips for safe jumping.
1. One at a Time – Multiple jumpers increase the risk of injuries and it is the smaller/lighter of the two jumpers that almost always gets hurt.
2. No Flips – Untrained jumpers run the risk of landing awkwardly and incurring injury.
3. Keep it Clean – When jumping let your toys watch from the sidelines. Toys and other objects on the trampoline introduce new ‘hard surfaces’ you could hurt yourself on.
4. Supervision – Keep an eye on young jumpers to ensure they are safely jumping.
5. Steer Clear – Do not allow children or pets underneath the trampoline when someone is jumping.
6. Learn the Basics – Take the time to learn the basics of jumping; this will help you stay in control.
7. Enter/Exit Safely – Always enter and exit the trampoline using a ladder or with the help of an adult.
8. Talk it Out – Talk to your kids about the importance of using the trampoline safely.
9. No Pets – While Rover & Whiskers might want a turn they can scratch your trampoline mat and it is best if they stay on the ground.
10. Have fun!
Why Safety Rules In Jumping Are Important
Here is a shocking statistic on traditional trampoline injury. A new study from Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics shows that from 2002 to 2011, trampoline accidents accounted for more than 1 million ER visits! Holy cow! As you can see from that statistic, safety rules in jumping are truly important.
That is why Springfree was invented as a safe alternative to traditional trampolines. Springfree is the only trampoline on the market that offers a safe jumping environment by removing the impact areas that can cause injury including risks from the springs, the frame at the jumping surface, falls to the ground and collision with rigid enclosure poles. Springfree Trampoline wants everyone to enjoy safe jumping.
Find out more about Springfree Trampoline at springfreetrampoline.com. I hope you found these 10 trampoline rules for safe jumping useful!
If you want to know more about the safety features- this short video is very informative: