This easy Bolognese sauce recipe is simple enough for everyday and delicious enough to win you some extra love on Valentine’s Day. More than any other holiday, Valentine’s Day is a day where most everyone feels pressure to impress. Between cheesy jewelry commercials, pricey fixed menus at romantic restaurants and the sudden explosion of cupid decorations and heart-shaped boxed chocolates everywhere you look, it can be easy for you—and your wallet—to get caught up in Valentine’s Day fever. This delicious beef and mushroom bolognese recipe will help you impress your sweetie and keep you both satisfied so you don’t munch down too many chocolates.
One of the best ways to show someone you love them is to cook them delicious food! A meal doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive to be absolutely delectable. Think about it; some of your favorite meals are probably the ones that came out of your grandmother’s or mom’s kitchen, made with nothing but basic ingredients and a whole lot of love. Homey classics like slow cooker pot roast or a favorite lasagna recipe have a tendency to stick in our minds for much longer than any meal from a restaurant ever will, so why not make a memorable Valentine’s Day dinner from the comfort of your own kitchen?
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious meal to feed your loved ones this Valentine’s Day, you absolutely can’t go wrong with a pasta recipe; remember the famous spaghetti and meatballs scene from Lady and the Tramp? Italian pasta dishes make the perfect romantic Valentine’s Day meals and they’re usually pretty simple to make, too. Choose saucy tomato recipes to add a pop of red that will make your dish extra festive.
Easy Bolognese Sauce With Beef And Mushrooms Over Pasta
A Bolognese sauce is an Italian meat sauce for pasta. It is from the region of Bologna and typically served on a hearty pasta that will hold up to the sauce so fettuccine works very well. This easy Bolognese recipe is so simple and yet so satisfying. This recipe was provided by Hunt’s® and you can find more of their recipes here.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Beef and Mushroom Bolognese Ingredients
- 6 ounces dry fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- ¾ chopped yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 8 oz package sliced fresh button mushrooms
How To Make Bolognese Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic salt; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings from the skillet.
- Add mushrooms and tomato paste. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add undrained tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta; simmer 2 minutes more or until hot.
- Garnish with fresh grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Tip: It’s easy to substitute ground turkey or ground chicken if you’re looking for an alternative to red meat but beef is more traditional.
Printable Easy Beef and Mushroom Bolognese Recipe
This easy Beef and Mushroom Bolognese from is a wonderful option for your Valentine’s Day dinner, as well as any busy weeknight. It can be prepared on your stovetop in just half an hour and tastes like it came straight out of a romantic Italian restaurant. Get the full restaurant experience at home with a leafy green salad and a side of hot toasted garlic bread for a delicious, budget-friendly and absolutely memorable meal.
Do you think you will try this beef and mushroom bolognese recipe this Valentine’s Day?