This is a step-by-step recipe for vegan stuffed peppers. Stuffed with sweet potatoes, quinoa, black beans and more! This is a dish that even you meat eaters will love. It is packed with flavor and it’s healthy! In this recipe you can chose bell peppers, poblano peppers or both. Either way, you cannot go wrong. The bell pepper has a sweeter flavor and is a touch juicier. The poblano, my favorite, lets the stuffing speak for itself. The recipe below will make a ton of stuffing which you can refrigerate and eat by itself as a salad!
The Best Vegan Stuffed Peppers – Sweet potatoes, Quinoa, And Black beans
- Bell Peppers
- Poblano Peppers
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 Jalapeño
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 2 Corn Cobs
- Avocado Oil
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Vegan Cheese (optional)
Vegan Stuffed Peppers Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by dicing the onion, the jalapeño and mince the garlic. Make sure you clean out the seeds of the jalapeño. Put all of this into one bowl.
- Cut up the sweet potato. I cut mine into very small pieces but you can chose to cut yours into whatever size you would like.
- Sauté the onion, jalapeño and garlic with oil until the onions are “translucent.” I used avocado oil. Once it is done cooking put it into a bowl and put to the side.
- Cook the quinoa. It is normally 2 cups of water for 1 cup of quinoa and it will normally take 10-12 minutes.
- Since sweet potatoes can be tough we are going to boil them in water to soften them up. Do this while the quinoa is cooking.
- Once the quinoa and sweet potatoes are done mix them with the onion, jalapeño and garlic.
- Drain and wash the black beans and add them into the mix along with the corn and roma tomato.
- Now add your spices to the mixture.
- Cut the tops of the bell peppers off and cut the poblano pepper in half.
- Stuff the peppers and place into a baking pan.
- Put them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top with vegan cheese and enjoy!
Do you enjoy cooking vegan or vegetarian? This is the best vegan stuffed peppers recipe I have tried. Would you try out this delicious vegan stuffed peppers recipe? If you do, be sure to let us know how you liked it!