This is a step-by-step recipe for vegan stuffed peppers. This is a dish that even you meat eaters will love because it is packed with flavor and it’s healthy. The peppers are stuffed with sweet potatoes, quinoa, black beans and spices for Southwestern flavors and yummy goodness!
For this stuffed peppers recipe you can chose to use bell peppers, poblano peppers or both. Either way, you cannot go wrong. The bell pepper has a sweeter flavor and is a touch juicier, especially red bell peppers but you can use green bell peppers too. The poblano pepper has more of a little spicy kick.
If you have extra stuffing that you can’t fit into your peppers, consider yourself lucky because you can eat the leftovers the next day as a salad on top of a bed of greens.
The Best Vegan Stuffed Peppers With Sweet Potatoes, Quinoa, And Black Beans
- 3 Red Bell Peppers
- 3 Poblano Peppers
- 1 large Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 Jalapeño
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced
- 1 cup of corn niblets (about 2 ears of corn worth)
- Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Vegan Cheese (optional)
How To Make Vegan Stuffed Peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by dicing the onion and the jalapeño. Make sure you clean out the seeds of the jalapeño. Mince the garlic.
- Sauté the onion, jalapeño and garlic with 1 tbsp of olive oil until the onions are translucent. Once it is done cooking put it into a bowl and put to the side.
- Cook the quinoa. It is normally 2 cups of water for 1 cup of quinoa and it will normally take 10-12 minutes.
- Since sweet potatoes can be tough we are going to boil them in water to soften them up. Do this while the quinoa is cooking.
- Once the quinoa and sweet potatoes are done mix them with the onion, jalapeño and garlic.
- Drain and wash the black beans and add them into the mix along with the corn and roma tomato.
- Now add the spices to the mixture.
- Cut the tops of the bell peppers off and cut the poblano pepper in half. Remove all the seeds.
- Stuff the peppers and place onto a baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top with vegan cheese and bake for 3-5 minutes until it melts. Serve and enjoy!
Printable Recipe For Quinoa Vegan Stuffed Peppers
Do you enjoy cooking vegan or vegetarian? This is the best vegan stuffed peppers recipe I have tried. Would you try out this delicious vegan stuffed peppers recipe? If you do, be sure to let us know how you liked it!