You are going to love this super easy to make no bake chocolate peanut butter pie recipe made with just 4 ingredients! Almost sounds too good to be true but it is from a whole cookbook of recipes made with just 4 ingredients: THE 4-INGREDIENT DIABETES COOKBOOK by Nancy S. Hughes. This handy dandy cookbook provides busy families everything they will need to get dinner (and dessert) on the table in no time flat. If you are looking for easy recipes with plenty of flavor, this is perfect for you. Here is the super easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe and really, my mouth is already watering just thinking about.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
SERVING SIZE 1 piece
PREP TIME 8 minutes
FREEZE TIME about 4 hours
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Ingredients:
- 8 chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 1/2 cups fat-free, vanilla- or chocolate-flavored frozen yogurt or ice cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons caramel or chocolate syrup
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
1. Place the cookies in a small zippered plastic bag and seal tightly. Using a meat mallet or the back of a large spoon, coarsely crush the cookies and set aside.
2. Using a fork, stir 1/2 cup frozen yogurt and the peanut butter together in a medium bowluntil well blended.
3. Spoon the remaining yogurt evenly into an 8-inch pie pan. Using two spoons, drop even spoonfuls of the peanut butter mixture evenly over the yogurt.
4. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs evenly over all. Drizzle the syrup over the cookie crumbs. Cover tightly with foil and freeze until firm or at least 4 hours.
COOK’S TIP: The yogurt and peanut butter in the second step will be a bit stiff to work with at first, but will be easier to stir as the yogurt melts slightly.
EXCHANGES / CHOICES
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 45 Total Fat 5.0 g Saturated Fat 1.0 g Trans Fat 0.0 g Cholesterol 10 mg Sodium 140 mg Potassium 240 mg Total Carbohydrate 29 g Dietary Fiber 1 g Sugars 20 g Protein 7 g Phosphorus 140 mg
Copyright © 2016 American Diabetes Association. From The 4-Ingredient Diabetes Cookbook. Reprinted with permission from The American Diabetes Association. To order this book call 1-800-232-6733 or order online at ShopDiabetes.org.
How about that for easy and delicious? This cookbook is specifically designed for those with diabetes but the recipes are great for the whole family. Each recipe inTHE 4-INGREDIENT DIABETES COOKBOOK incorporates a secret “cook’s tip” to help readers make healthy, diabetes friendly meals in a fraction of the time it normally takes. You can order it on Amazon through my affiliate link below:
Do you think you will try this no bake chocolate peanut butter pie recipe?