I’ve compiled some of the most-exciting places to celebrate the 4th of July this year in cities across the United States! Do you think your city has one of the best shows and entertainment–well your city might just be on our list (and if it isn’t, make sure to let us know about it in the comments). Take a look at the cities we think have awesome shows and entertainment to celebrate the 4th of July!
7 Awesome Cities To Celebrate the 4th of July
Music City 4th of July: Let Freedom Sing Independence Day Celebration
Photo Source: 365 Nashville
- About: Celebrate the 4th of July with the rest of Middle Tennessee! Nashville’s Annual Fourth of July Celebration encompasses a free concert series and firework show. The concert will feature a variety of musical entertainment, everything from Country Music Stars to the Nashville Symphony.
- Location: Riverfront Park, Nashville, TN
- Cost: Free
- Time: Festivities begin around noon in downtown with the firework show starting around 9:30pm and you can learn more at visitmusiccity.com (You can also view the firework show at the Adventure Science Center’s July Fireworks Viewing Event-purchase your tickets here)
Independence Eve Presented By Anadarko
Photo Source: Denver.org
- About: Denver is celebrating a day early at Civic Center Park with three exciting features that are sure to knock your socks off; a state-of-the-art light show, a concert series featuring pop favorites from MIX (CU Denver’s award-winning a cappella group), the Hazel Miller Band and the Denver Municipal Band, and a spectacular fireworks show to finish the night!
- Location: Civic Center Park, Denver, CO —(Lawn seating is first-come, first served basis)
- Cost: Free
- Time: July 3rd at 8pm
4th of July AmericaFest at the Rose Bowl
Photo Source: Rose Bowl Stadium
- About: If you are in the Southern California region look no further for one of the biggest firework displays in the country! The AmericaFest at the Rose Bowl features music, food vendors, and an amazing firework display!
- Location: The Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, CA
- Cost: General Admission: $13, Reserved: $25, Premium: $30 (Kids 7 and under admission is free and Active Military with I.D is free)
- Time: Opening Ceremony beings at 7:00pm & fireworks at 9:05pm
Parking lots open at 10:00am (parking cost is $20 for cars), food court opens at 2:00pm, stadium opens at 6:30pm
Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks
Photo Source: WNYC
- About: Watch Macy’s Firework show illuminate the skies across the East River with over 40,000 fireworks scheduled to emerge from the water and synchronized to a traditional patriotic soundtrack. Nick Cannon hosts the live performances of popular pop stars such as Hunter Hayes, Lionel Richie, and Ariana Grande. Across the nation you can tune into 101 WINS-AM radio to listen in to the firework synchronized soundtrack featuring “The Star-Spangled Banner,” by Frozen star Idina Menzel as a special edition for the 200th anniversary.
- Location: East River by the Brooklyn Bridge, New York City, NY-Best Spots to See The Show -Also watch the show live on NBC
- Cost: Free public event
- Time: 9pm, show begins approximately at 9:25pm
Family Fourth at Lake Union
Photo Source: Seattle-Fun.com
- About: Who else would have a beer garden, lots of fun activities for the kids, food vendors, live music, and access to have your very own barbeque but non-other than Seattle! Seattle celebrates their 4th of July with style! If you are near the area, this is one I wouldn’t miss out on!
- Location: Gas Works Park, Seattle, WA
- Cost: Free admission
- Time: Noon-11pm (Fireworks start around 10pm)
Bayfield 4th of July Festivities
Photo Source: Travel Wisconsin
- About: I can’t think of something more picturesque than a viewing of fireworks on the lake! Well, I give you the shore of Lake Superior in Bayfield, Wisconsin! Their 4th of July celebrations include a lake view showing of not one but TWO firework shows, island cruises, berry picking, concerts, fish boils, and sailing events.
- Location: Memorial Park, Bayfield, Wisconsin
- Cost: Free
- Time: Activities throughout the day, Fireworks begin at dusk and second showing begins around 10pm.
Fair St. Louis
Photo Source: Entertainment St. Louis
- About: St. Louis is celebrating the nation’s independence with a three-day birthday bash party! Everything from a full lineup of concerts, show, exhibitions and running events! Don’t worry they’ve thought of your little ones too. They have an array of free family entertainment and a custom firework show tailored for their new venue! They even have a designated area just for the kids-The Family Festival Zone (located along Lagoon Drive on the west side of the Grand Basin). The kids can paint, meet members of the Purina Incredible Dog Team and participate in experiments from the Magic House.
- Location: Art Hill and Gran Basin in Forest Park , St. Louis, MO
- Cost: Free entertainment and activities (expect to pay for parking anywhere from $20-$30)
- Time: July 3rd 5pm-10:30pm, July 4th noon-10:30pm, July 5th noon-10:30pm -Firework shows start at 10pm at the end of each night (Times vary check out the full schedule at fairsaintlouis.org)
Obviously we couldn’t list every city, but we think we’ve mentioned some great cites to celebrate 4th of July in. Do you think we left out one that should have made the list? Tell us about it in the comments. How does your city celebrate 4th of July? What will you be doing to celebrate the 4th of July this year?