Cooking with avocado is easy and this baked avocado with egg is super satisfying. It could be a good fit for any diet but those that are doing the Paleo or Keto diet will particularly enjoy these healthy fats, fiber, and proteins with low carbs. This baked avocado recipe is also a great vegetarian meal and perfect for Meatless Monday.
This is a step-by-step recipe for baked avocado with egg! Whether you are looking for an easy quick dinner or breakfast this combination is perfect. Add grits on the side for breakfast or top with sour cream and bacon bits for dinner. This is a great alternative to a traditional baked potato. Avocados are good for you and you can use greek yogurt as a sour cream substitute and crushed chili peppers as a bacon substitute for a healthy alternative. I hope you enjoy this healthy baked stuffed avocado recipe.
Easy And Healthy Baked Avocado With Egg
Baked Avocado Ingredients:
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- Green Onion
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Crushed Chili Peppers
How To Cook A Baked Avocado With Egg:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Sometimes the seed can be difficult to remove; the easiest way is to put the blade in the seed and twist to the side! Then remove the seed from the blade by pushing it against a cutting board. If you save the avocado pit, you can grow an avocado tree!
- Next, take a spoon or even a small tablespoon and scoop out some of the avocado. It is best to scoop to the bottom. This is so the egg does not spill out. If you have an extra large avocado, you can skip this step. Place in a baking pan.
- Slowly pour the eggs into the avocados.
- Shake some onion and garlic powder on top and pop those stuffed avocados into the oven.
- If you want a more cooked egg, then leave them in for 15 minutes. I personally enjoy mine a little runnier so I left mine in for about 11 minutes.
- Once the baked stuffed avocado is done take it out and let cool for a couple minutes. In the meantime dice 1 green onion; only use the green bits.
- Put the avocados on a plate and sprinkle the green onion on top with some crushed chili pepper for a little kick.
- Since this baked avocado with egg is somewhat like a healthy baked potato I added a little greek yogurt on the side. Greek yogurt is a perfect healthy substitute for sour cream and it adds tons of flavor!
This baked stuffed avocado with egg is such a hardy meal filled with protein, I hope you enjoy!
Printable Baked Avocado Recipe
Have you tried cooking with avocado before? Would you try this baked avocado recipe? If you do please let us know how you enjoyed it and tag us in your photos @familyfocusblog