This is a recipe for baked sweet potato with quinoa salad. Although both are great together they are just as yummy alone. This is a vegan recipe, packed with protein and flavor!
Vegan Baked Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad And Curry Dressing
Ingredients for Baked Sweet Potato:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
Instructions for Baked Sweet Potato:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Begin prepping your sweet potatoes by adding some holes or slits around the top of the potato.
- Wrap the bottom section of the potato, optional.
- Drizzle honey and cinnamon on top and bake the potatoes for 45 minutes.
Ingredients for Curry Dressing:
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cayenne
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Instructions for Curry Dressing:
- Mince the clove of garlic in a bowl and mix in the salt, olive oil, pepper, rice vinegar, cayenne, cumin and cinnamon.
- If you have curry powder you can use 2 teaspoons of the curry powder in place of the cayenne, cumin and cinnamon.
Ingredients for Quinoa Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups of quinoa
- 2 cups of grapes
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
Instructions for Quinoa Salad:
- Follow the instructions provided with the quinoa. If it does not have any, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Pour and stir in 1 1/2 cups of quinoa. Cover and bring down to a medium simmer and let cook for 12 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cut 2 cups of grapes into halves.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, let sit for 15 minutes, during this time you can make the curry dressing.
- Finally, add the grapes, walnuts and curry dressing to the quinoa.
- Serve with the sweet potatoes and enjoy!
Have you ever cooked with quinoa before? Would you try this baked sweet potato with quinoa salad recipe?