This is a recipe for baked sweet potato quinoa salad. The flavor combos are just amazing in this yummy curry dish. This is a vegan recipe, packed with protein and flavor. It is perfect for Meatless Monday!
Vegan Baked Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad With Curry Dressing
Baked Sweet Potato:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
Instructions for Baked Sweet Potato:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Begin prepping your sweet potatoes by adding some holes or slits around the top of the potato.
- Wrap the bottom section of the potato, optional.
- Drizzle honey and cinnamon on top and bake the potatoes for 45 minutes.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cayenne
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Instructions for Curry Dressing:
- Mince the clove of garlic in a bowl and mix in the salt, olive oil, pepper, rice vinegar, cayenne, cumin and cinnamon.
- If you have curry powder you can use 2 teaspoons of the curry powder in place of the cayenne, cumin and cinnamon.
- 1 1/2 cups of quinoa
- 2 cups of grapes
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
Instructions for Quinoa Salad:
- Follow the instructions provided with the quinoa. If it does not have any, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Pour and stir in 1 1/2 cups of quinoa. Cover and bring down to a medium simmer and let cook for 12 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cut 2 cups of grapes into halves.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, let sit for 15 minutes, during this time you can make the curry dressing.
- Finally, add the chopped sweet potatoes, grapes, walnuts and curry dressing to the quinoa.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you ever cooked with quinoa before? Would you try this baked sweet potato quinoa salad recipe? Let us know what you think and show us your photos @familyfocusblog!