Muffins are a lot like cupcakes, but they are more versatile. They are baked in small portions that perfectly suit an individual. They are sweet in taste but you don’t have to worry with frosting. Making muffins is a fun activity to do with kids and children also love to eat items they have helped bake. Muffins are great consumed as breakfast or an after school snack. These Carrot Pecan muffins are delicious, healthy and easy to make. Just follow the instructions below for muffins that are golden brown, slightly rounded and with good volume.
Carrot And Pecan Muffins
Carrot Pecan Muffin Ingredients
- whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour or combo)- 1 and 1/2 cups
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- ground cinnamon- 1/2 teaspoon
- Plain yogurt – 1 cup
- 2 eggs
- vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- brown sugar – 3 tablespoons
- butter or coconut oil- 3 tablespoons
- Golden raisins – 1/3 cup
- Orange juice – 1/4 cup
- Chopped pecans – 3 tablespoons
- shredded carrot – 1 and 1/2 cups
If you don’t have pecans on hand, walnuts or pumpkin seeds are also delicious.
How To Make Carrot Muffins With Pecan Nuts
- Start by preheating the oven at 400 degrees F. Take a small bowl and then soak raisins in fresh orange juice while you prepare everything else.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add the vanilla, mixed eggs and yogurt and mix until smooth. Add the raisins and orange juice, pecans, and shredded carrot.
- Finally, add the dry ingredient bowl into the wet and mix well.
- Grease the muffin cups. Scoop the batter and fill in muffin cups about 3/4 of the way full. Bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. To check whether it is perfectly baked or not just insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean then the muffins are baked.
- Your hot and tasty muffins are ready to be served and enjoyed!
I hope you enjoy these carrot pecan muffins. If you want to make them even tastier you can add chocolate chips or a cream cheese frosting but of course, they won’t be quite as healthy then!
Printable Recipe For Carrot Muffins With Pecan Nuts
Recipe contributed by James Hooper who writes articles related to health benefits of various types of teas like the Taylors of Harrogate Tea. You could also visit their website to learn more about the various types available, and about their rich flavors.
Share your recipe feedback through social media @familyfocublog. Thanks!