These healthy candied pecans are delicious for snacks or on top of salads. This healthy candied pecans recipe uses coconut oil (a healthy, vegan alternative to butter) and stevia (a 100% natural, zero calorie sweetener) to get a great Buttery-Cinnamon flavor on the Pecans. Stevia is the most keto-compatible sugar substitute available since it is a sweetener with a low glycemic index. Thanks to Debbie Johnson, author of Fun With Gluten-Free, Low Glycemic Food Cookbook (affiliate link below) for sharing this delicious candied pecans recipe.
You and your kids will both love this tasty snack! Pecans are high in protein and a good dietary fiber source. Another reason you will love snacking on pecans is that they are full of antioxidants that make pecans a heart healthy snack to lower cholesterol.
Easy, Healthy Candied Pecans Recipe:
Serves: Well, that depends on your snack attack, but likely at least four.
Healthy Candied Pecans Ingredients:
½ pound pecans
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (great for Vegans) or ghee (clarified butter)
1/8 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Salt, or more to taste
¼ teaspoon Sweet Leaf Stevia, or more to taste
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Candied Pecans Recipe Directions:
*1*. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lay pecans out on a cookie sheets and roast pecans for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on size.
*2*. Melt Ghee or Coconut Oil in saucepan large enough to hold pecans after they are roasted.
*3.* Blend in salt, stevia, cinnamon, and vanilla to the coconut oil.
*4.* Toss hot, roasted pecans in pot with melted sauce and stir to coat.
*5*. Then lay them out of parchment paper to dry so they don’t stick together. Let the candied pecans cool and serve slightly warm or cold.
Enjoy this high protein, vegan snack as is or add the healthy candied pecans to salads. Pecans are a great source of protein and magnesium (known for anti-inflammatory benefits). They also have the added benefit of being boosting immunity and being heart healthy! So go ahead, enjoy your snack.
Printable Keto Vegan Healthy Candied Pecans Recipe
Easy Healthy Candied Pecans Recipe
- ½ pound pecans
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (great for Vegans) or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/8 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Sweet Leaf Stevia, or more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lay pecans out on a cookie sheets and roast pecans for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on size.
- Melt Ghee or Coconut Oil in saucepan large enough to hold pecans after they are roasted.
- Blend in salt, stevia, cinnamon, and vanilla in with the coconut oil to create a sauce.
- Toss hot, roasted pecans in pot with melted sauce and stir to coat.
- Then lay coated pecans out of parchment paper to dry so they don't stick together.
- Let the candied pecans cool and serve slightly warm or cold.
Easy Healthy Candied Pecans Recipe
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22.12 g||33.8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.23 g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0 g|
|Cholesterol 0.0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 36.44 mg||1.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.86 g||1.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.24 g||12%|
|Sugars 1.16 g|
|Protein 2.64 g|
|Vitamin A 0.11 %||Vitamin C 0.39 %|
|Calcium 2.97 %||Iron 4.44 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Family Focus Blog
Do you think you will try this easy candied pecans recipe? What are your favorite ways to eat candied pecans? I love candied pecans by themselves, over vanilla ice cream, or in trail mix! Do you like the healthy substitutions in this candied pecans recipe?
Easy Ways To Be Healthy This New Year
Top Healthy Eating Apps That Make It Easy To Eat Well
How yummy. I am going to try these soon.
Perry Perkins says
Made these for Christmas, SO good! I’m from Georgia, so I love my pecans, lol.
Thanks for the recipe!
An Orthodontist From Des Moines says
Candied pecans have several nutritional facts and the health benefits. Research shows that eating a handful of pecans each day may be as effective at lowering LDL bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.