These healthy candied pecans are delicious for snacks or on top of salads. This healthy candied pecans recipe uses coconut oil (a healthy, vegan alternative to butter) and stevia (a 100% natural, zero calorie sweetener) to get a great Buttery-Cinnamon flavor on the Pecans. Stevia is the most keto-compatible sugar substitute available since it is a sweetener with a low glycemic index. Thanks to Debbie Johnson, author of Fun With Gluten-Free, Low Glycemic Food Cookbook (Amazon affiliate link) for sharing this delicious candied pecans recipe.
You and your kids will both love this tasty snack! Pecans are high in protein and a good dietary fiber source. Pecans also contain healthy fats. Another reason you will love snacking on pecans is that they are full of antioxidants that make pecans a heart healthy snack to lower cholesterol.
Easy, Keto Candied Pecans Recipe:
Serves: Well, that depends on your snack attack, but these keto roasted pecans are likely to serve at least four.
½ pound raw pecans
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (great for Vegans) or ghee (clarified butter)
1/8 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt, or more to taste
¼ teaspoon Sweet Leaf Stevia, or more to taste
1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Candied Pecans Recipe Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lay pecans out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast pecans for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on size.
2. Melt Ghee or Coconut Oil in saucepan large enough to hold pecans after they are roasted.
3. Blend in salt, stevia, cinnamon, and vanilla to the coconut oil.
4. Toss hot, roasted pecans in pot with melted sauce and stir to coat.
5. Then lay them out of parchment paper to dry so they don’t stick together. Let the candied pecans cool and serve slightly warm or cold.
Enjoy this high protein, vegan snack as is or add the healthy candied pecans to salads. Pecans are a great source of protein and magnesium (known for anti-inflammatory benefits). They also have the added benefit of being boosting immunity and being heart healthy! So go ahead, enjoy your lightly sweet snack.
Printable Keto Vegan Candied Pecans Recipe Card
Pecans make the perfect snack with the perfect crunch and amazing flavor. Do you think you will try this healthy candied pecans recipe? What are your favorite ways to eat candied pecans? I love homemade candied pecans by themselves, over vanilla ice cream, or in trail mix! They can even be used as a fun salad topper or a great gift. Do you like the healthy substitutions in this easy recipe?