Here is a fun DIY Bangles tutorial that Jessie Jane created and it was featured on the Home & Family first. Jessie Jane is the founder of Jessie Daye Shop & Creative Expert on Home & Family on the Hallmark Channel. The Home & Family show has all kinds of awesome stuff and airs weekdays at 10 am on the Hallmark Channel. I was given permission to share this craft here. I am sure you enjoy these great homemade bangles to complete you summer fashion looks.
Homemade Wooden Bangle Bracelets Are A Fun DIY Jewelry Project
Photo Credit For All 3 Photos in This Post: Copyright 2014 Crown Media Family Networks / Photographer: Jeremy Lee
DIY Bangles Materials You Will Need:
Amazon affiliate link:
- Natural Wood Bangles
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Matte Mod Podge
- Krylon triple thick clear glaze
As you can see, you just need a few basic supplies most of which you likely already have on hand, except the wooden bangles. These unfinished wood bangle bracelets can be purchased at your local craft store or you can order them on amazon. They come in all sorts or width so you can get wide bangles or skinny bangle bracelets.
How To Make DIY Bangle Bracelets:
- Use a paint brush to coat the natural wood bangle with a thin layer of Matte Mod Podge. It is an all in one decoupage glue, sealer and finish.
- Allow Mod Podge to dry. This will create the base layer so your paint will adhere to the bangles well.
- Apply Stencil to bracelet and secure with tape.
- Paint desired color.
- Remove stencil carefully.
- Spray the whole bangle with a coating of Triple Thick Clear Glaze. This provides a bright, clear coating and gives the illusion of depth while protecting the underlying paint.
- Allow to dry fully before wearing.
It’s that simple to make bangle bracelets! I hope you have enjoyed learning how to make bangles. Another wonderful thing about DIY bangles besides that that are fun to make is you can make them to match any outfit perfectly and they will save you money too! What kind of pattern or colors are you going to use on your DIY bangles?