This is a step-by-step tutorial for DIY outdoor planter boxes- great patio decor! Spring is here and summer is on the way. Everything just seems more colorful and brighter during spring and summer. So why not start decorating for these great seasons?! My favorite place to be during this time of the year is outside and my porch was in dire need of some color and life. Planters can be the cure for a bland lifeless porch or outdoor setting. These DIY planters give a homey feeling and can be personalized to your liking! They are great for your personal enjoyment and they will help spruce the place up a bit for your backyard parties. I hope you give this a try and have just as much fun as I did while making them. Now all I need are plants…enjoy!
DIY Outdoor Planter Boxes Tutorial
Outdoor Planter Supplies:
- Wooden boxes
- Spray paint
- Wood optional
- Staple gun optional
How To Make Outdoor Planter Boxes For Patio Decor:
- First thing is first you will need to get wooden boxes. You can easily make them or buy them. I bought mine, but if you want to go big or want a certain shape you can always make them.
- Choose some base colors. I went with coral, white and a very bold blue. I went with my porch theme but the colors are also perfect for summer time!
- Now it is time to pull out your stencils. I suggest going with various shapes and sizes. I personally went with henna design type stencils to go with the theme of my porch.
- You can either spray paint the stencils or use paint and a paintbrush. I liked the look of spray paint more because it tends to look more rustic and it is a faster process.
- Once you are done with the color and you like the look of your boxes use a UV clear sealing spray. This will protect them from the weather and extend the life of your creation.
- I did not glue, staple or nail my boxes together. I suggest this because it gives you more options while decorating now and later!
- Now all you need are plants! I hope you enjoy!
Do you enjoy outdoor decorating? Do you enjoy DIY tutorials? Would you try this DIY outdoor planter boxes decor tutorial? If you do be sure to share your creation with us- tag us @familyfocusblog.