Here a few green ideas to help you show your mother (or the mother of your children) how much she means to you. Any of these eco-friendly Mother’s Day gift ideas can stand alone or you can do all of them together! These suggestions are all great ways of showing her you love that she loves Mother Nature. These gift ideas are perfect for those those that are interested in protecting the environment and or showing mom that you know she is a nature lover.
7 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas For Nature Lovers:
1. Make her a card. Being a mom myself, I know just how much mothers like to see what their child creates, especially when it is for them. This will also give you the chance to say how much you appreciate her in your own special words. Don’t worry if you are not a poet- heartfelt words will touch her heart. There are probably lots of scraps around the house that you can recycle into the project such as wrapping paper and ribbons.
2. Pull out some photos. More than anything, moms love their kids and their husbands. Photos of you and your mom together will brighten her mother’s day and she will enjoy being able to display them year round. You may even want to make her a photo book.
3. Give her a potted plant. Flowers are so enjoyable and potted ones tend to last longer. If you get a perennial, they can be planted and enjoyed year after year.
4. Make her dinner. Moms love to have the night off from dinner duty. Chose a special recipe and treat your mother to a home cooked organic menu from her favorite chef-you! She’ll enjoy you making the special effort. If you know cooking is not your thing, you could always take her out to dinner instead.
5. Clean up. If you can arrange it, cleaning up for her as a surprise is VERY sweet!
6. Plan a special activity. Think of something she enjoys and tell her to set aside some time for her surprise. Moms loving spending time with those they love. The activity can be anything she enjoys from hiking, gardening, to a home spa day. Just enjoy doing it together!
7. Shop for your mom. Keep your ears open and listen to what you mom likes or says she needs and don’t forget to use a reusable gift bag.
If your mom is the type that has everything or doesn’t want anything, she might enjoy a gift to her favorite non-profit. One idea is that you can Adopt a Coral Reef to honor mom this year via the Nature Conservancy.
The bottom line is, do something for Mother’s Day that will remind her how much you love and appreciate her. I would love to know- what is the best Mother’s Day gift you have ever given or received? Which of these eco-friendly mother’s day gift ideas do you think your mom would like the best?