Rather not deal with the crowds of people this Mother’s Day? Do you want to spend this Mother’s Day doing something not as costly this year? I’ve rounded up a great list of inexpensive Mother’s Day activities you can do at your own home or nearby and still have a great time.
10 Fun, Cheap Mother’s Day Activities She Will Love
1. Mother’s Day Brunch: Let your mom wake-up to the smell and crackling of fresh bacon, and her favorite breakfast- whether it’s chocolate chip sour cream muffins or Eggs Benedict served with a mimosa and tray of fresh flowers and her favorite book, your mom will love her day lounging in bed! Or if you want to make it a family occasion, celebrate with a brunch outside! Invite the entire family over; Grandpa, Grandma, Aunts & Uncles, you name it!
2. Picnic At The Park: Pack your favorite picnic food with a large enough blanket for the entire family to picnic on! Pick a spot next to the water- don’t forget to bring some extra bread to feed the ducks!
3. Family Bike Ride: Whether you have your own bikes or want to rent bikes at your local park or bike store, spend the day as a family riding the trails around your city!
4. Craft Day: Breakout the craft box! No reason for your mom not to get artistic too on Mother’s Day— try some of these great family friendly crafts below that you can make on Mother’s Day! Plus, mom will have some great crafts to remember the day by!
Here’s a few craft ideas for Mother’s Day to get you inspired!
- FingerPaint Art by The Educator’s Spin On It
- Hand Print Pot by What To Expect
- Forget-Me-Knot Tote Bags by Parents
5. Spend The Day Gardening: Pull out the red wagon and head over to your local farmer’s market or hardware store for fresh flowers. Your family will love enjoying the warm fresh air, while playing in the dirt together!
6. A Day At The Beach: If you live close to a beach, pack the goggles, suntan lotion, umbrella and chairs for a relaxing day at the beach! You could even bring the volleyball or Frisbee if you feel like burning some extra calories! A day at the beach is always among favorite mother’s day activities if you happen to have one within driving distance.
7. Mother/Daughter Spa Day: Book a luxury day at the spa for your mother and you! If that’s too pricey, opt for a DIY manicure and pedicure served with a mimosa, your mom will love a day of relaxation.
8. Mother’s Day Game-Marathon: Bring out your mom’s favorite board games and cards for an entire family gaming marathon! Your day will be full of laughs and memories you’ll never forget.
9. Girly Movie Day: Watch all those cheesy romantic movies with her that she never gets to watch. Think Notebook, Jane Austin movies, Downtown Abbey, etc.
10. Scrapbooking Day: I bet your mom would love to rehash old memories and make a scrapbook together!
Whichever Mother’s Day activities you decide to do this Mother’s Day make it a good one by spending time with the people who you appreciate the most! The holidays don’t have to be anything fancy or expensive; memories are made when people who love each other get together! What are your plans this Mother’s Day? Do you have any other ideas for Mother’s Day not mention on the list?