It’s grilling season and here is a great hanger steak recipe that is just delicious served with a Moroccan Harissa Sauce. Don’t worry! It is pretty easy to whip up this tasty meal and it includes lots of fresh, healthy ingredients. This recipe was shared by chef and lifestyle expert, Pace Webb, on Home & Family, which airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel. I was provided permission to share it with you here.
Hanger Steak Recipe With Moroccan Harissa Sauce And Marinated Vegetables
Chef Pace Webb first got into cooking after she was diagnosed with colon cancer at the age of 17, and subsequently started taking a bigger interest in what she was putting into her body. She entered into cooking from the nutritional side but she also loves making recipes that are great for entertaining.
Using hanger steak for this particular recipe works well because it is a tender cut of affordable cut of meat. In fact, hanger steak has been called “The Best Inexpensive Steak for the Grill. Chef Webb suggest clean eating and often people find that clean cuts of filet are too expensive so she says clean eating is still accessible to everyone if you pick a great cut like the hanger steak that still has great flavor.
This hanger steak recipe is made even more delicious served with the Moroccan Harissa sauce, marinated vegetables and olive bread. Enjoy!
Hanger Steak Ingredients
• 9 oz hanger steak per person
• Salt and pepper, as needed
• Canola oil
Harissa Sauce Ingredients
• Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
• 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach or baby chard
• 3/4 cup (about 1 ounce) packed fresh Italian parsley leaves and stems
• 1/2 cup toasted walnut halves
• 1 medium garlic clove smashed
• 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
• 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Hanger Steak Recipe
1) Generously season with salt and pepper.
2) Sear steak on all sides on high heat till has nice golden color.
3) Finish in oven at 400 degrees till done to likeness.
4) Slice against the grain on the bias.
5) Sauce it with the green harissa.
Green Moroccan Harissa Recipe
1) Turn a gas burner on medium heat and char the jalapeño, turning frequently, until blackened and slightly collapsed. Transfer the jalapeños to a cutting board to cool slightly. Once cool enough, trim off the stems from the jalapeños and remove the seeds and ribs.
2) Combine the jalapeños with all the spinach, parsley, remaining 1/2 cup of the broth, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a food processor or blender and blend, scraping down the sides as needed, until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Transfer to a bowl and add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir to help loosen the sauce.
This Hanger Steak Recipe with Moroccan Harissa Sauce is fabulous served with Marinated Vegetables! Here is the recipe for that.
Marinated Vegetables Recipe
Marinated Vegetable Ingredients:
• 1.5 TBSP red or white wine vinegar, depending on the vegetable (light and green vegetables, use white, red or darker vegetables, use red)
• (light and green vegetables, use white, red or darker vegetables, use red) 2 TBSP olive oil
• 6 sprigs thyme, whole
• 2 cloves, thinly sliced garlic (lengthwise)
• 1 shallot, finely minced
• 1.5 tsp kosher salt, more to taste
• 1.5 lbs. seasonal vegetables like cherry tomatoes, snap peas, asparagus, etc. – a delicate medley suitable for marinating
• fresh mint leaves for garnish
Just cut the vegetables and marinate in vinegar, olive oil, shallots, garlic, thyme, salt lightly- about 4 hours. Serve with hanger steak recipe, Moroccan harissa sauce, and some olive bread.
Printable Hanger Steak Recipe with Moroccan Harissa Sauce
I hope you enjoy this fabulous feast of a meal which is sure to impress any guests and at the same time it is a great clean eating meal that is healthy for you. Have you tried hanger steak before? How about harissa sauce? Let us know what you think in the comments below.