Instant pot cooking is all the rage these days. They are known for speeding up your cook time and being especially useful to busy parents who want to provide a home cooked meal in less time. Today I am happy to feature a recipe from the brand new cookbook, COOKING WITH YOUR INSTANT POT® MINI, by Heather Schlueter (Amazon affiliate link). You may be familiar with her blog, The Spicy Apron, where she has been making a name for herself with her delicious family recipes. Custom-made for this the Instant Pot Mini, this cookbook features 100 recipes that range from homemade yogurt to Quinoa Pilaf, White Chicken Chili, and Mongolian Beef, to cheesecake and brownies. I have been given permission to share the Instant Pot French Toast Casserole Recipe with you and I am just sure you will love her easy Blueberry-Almond French Toast Casserole- yummy!
Instant Pot Blueberry Almond French Toast Casserole:
There are lots of overnight french toast casseroles but with this gem of a recipe, you can whip up a French Toast Casserole in just about 40 minutes!
Reprinted with permission from Cooking with Your Instant Pot Mini © 2018 Heather Schlueter. Published by Sterling Epicure. Photo by Bill Milne.
How To Make Blueberry-Almond French Toast Casserole
Yield: 4 Servings
Hands-on Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Buttons to Use: Pressure Cook
Release Type: Quick Release
Tangy blueberries and crunchy almonds take this French toast to a whole new level, yet it’s
simple enough to become an everyday favorite. This recipe uses a 1-quart (1 L) round baking
casserole dish that has a 5½-inch (14 cm) diameter.
1 cup (240 ml) whole milk
¼ cup (50 g) brown sugar
½ teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (150 g) fresh blueberries, or ½ cup (75 g) frozen, thawed
4 thick slices French bread cut into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
powdered sugar, slivered almonds, and additional blueberries for serving
maple syrup for serving, if desired
1. In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, brown sugar, almond extract, and cinnamon
until well blended. Fold in the blueberries and bread pieces until well coated.
2. Spray the baking dish with cooking spray and pour the bread mixture into the dish.
3. Place the steam rack into the Instant Pot inner pot and add ¾ cup (180 ml) water. Carefully lower the baking dish onto the steam rack.
4. Secure the lid, ensuring the valve is turned to the Sealing position.
5. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the time to 25 minutes.
This makes a perfect weekend breakfast or brunch to gather the family around the table and enjoy eating together.
Printable Recipe Card:
Instant Pot French Toast Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup (240 ml) whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (50 g) brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (150 g) fresh blueberries, or ½ cup (75 g) frozen, thawed
- 4 thick slices French bread cut into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
- cooking spray
- powdered sugar, slivered almonds, and additional blueberries for serving
- maple syrup for serving, if desired
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, brown sugar, almond extract, and cinnamon
- until well blended. Fold in the blueberries and bread pieces until well coated.
- Spray the baking dish with cooking spray and pour the bread mixture into the dish.
- Place the steam rack into the Instant Pot inner pot and add ¾ cup (180 ml) water. Carefully
- lower the baking dish onto the steam rack.
- Secure the lid, ensuring the valve is turned to the Sealing position.
- Press the Pressure Cook button and set the time to 25 minutes.
Instant Pot French Toast Casserole Recipe
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6.21 g||9.2%|
|Saturated Fat 2.01 g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.01 g|
|Cholesterol 86.17 mg||28.7%|
|Sodium 125.13 mg||5.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.46 g||13.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.29 g||4%|
|Sugars 32.88 g|
|Protein 6.04 g|
|Vitamin A 7.12 %||Vitamin C 4.06 %|
|Calcium 12.43 %||Iron 5.73 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Family Focus Blog
Will you try this Instant Pot Blueberry French Toast Casserole? Let us know how it turned out! #familyfocusblog
You may also like to try these 15 Quick And Easy Instant Pot Meals From Chowhound or this Brown Sugar Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe.
Kimberly @ Foodtalko says
Made this tonite and was delish! Thanks for sharing!
Rohit Dua says
You blog is very nice. There is no doubt the french toast casserole will be really good.