I love this fun and adorable diy project- how to make ice cream cone candles. It is such a cute diy gift and makes great summer home decor. Ken Wingard was inspired to make this fun DIY candle craft after Dolly Parton shared stories of growing up without electricity. To this day, she loves lighting candles all over her house to provide lighting. Ken started this DIY candle craft at Old Flames Candle Shop which is located in Dollywood. Ken first shared these DIY Ice Cream Cone Candles on Hallmark’s Home and Family Show, which airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel. I was given permission to share it with you here.
DIY Candles – How To Make Ice Cream Cone Candles
DIY Candle Supplies For Ice Cream Cone Candles:
How To Make Ice Cream Cone Candles Tutorial
1. Melt candle wax in the microwave or a double broiler. Be careful with the hot wax so you don’t burn yourself!
2. Using pliers, dip and coat your ice cream cone in the hot uncolored wax.
3. Put about 1 cup of remaining wax into a bowl.
4. Add desired coloring to wax.
5. Whisk wax for 3-5 minutes using a spatula to remove wax around edges of bowl to cool wax until it looks like cool whip.
6. Use spatula and fill cone and make a flat layer of whipped wax to fill base of ice cream cone.
7. Use ice cream scoop and add wax “ice cream scoop” on top of flat layer.
8. Measure wick from bottom of cone to 1 inch above wax scoop and cut.
9. Insert wick into cone while the wax is still soft.
10. Allow to cool completely.
You can watch the full tutorial on video here:
These diy ice cream cone candles make great gifts or party favors. They are also perfect decor for outdoor summer parties. Do you think you will make ice cream cone candles?
(These are real candles so be sure to use real caution with keeping an eye on lit candles and supervising children.)