Hippity, hoppity, Easter’s on its way! It seems like if I don’t get a jumpstart on things, I turn around and the event is upon me. So this time, I am planning a whole month ahead of time! This is good news for you because as long as you have heat transfer for paper inkjet printers on hand, you can make these transfer paper t shirts totally last minute by just printing up your favorite of my free printable Easter images and ironing them on any plain t-shirt. This post is brought to you by NuFun Activities.
How To Make Transfer Paper T Shirts
Transfer Paper T Shirts are really a great concept because they allow you to easily create and customize a plain old t-shirt into a cute, fun t-shirt for any holiday or event. I just happened to make my transfer paper t-shirts for Easter since that is right around the corner but you can make them for birthday parties, girl scout troops, sports teams, or any other holiday.
All you need to make Transfer Paper T Shirts are NuFun heat transfer paper for inkjet printers, plain t-shirts, an iron, and scissors. You can order your NuFun fabric transfer paper on Amazon (affiliate link below). It is eligible for Prime shipping and it is only 14.95 for 25 pages so that’s less than $1 per page to personalize a t-shirt.
Step By Step Instructions To Make Transfer Paper T Shirts
- Create an image or select a free printable image and print that image onto the blank side of your NuFun fabric transfer paper. (If you use an image with words, make sure to print the mirror image so that it will iron on with readable words).
- Use scissors to cut around the transfer artwork to remove excess. This just makes it easier to iron on the smaller image. I forgot this step on the first of the transfer paper t-shirts I did and it is no big deal but the second was easier when I cut it down in size.
- Head to an iron safe surface like your ironing board. Turn off steam and allow iron to heat to the linen setting and then iron the shirt to release the wrinkles before you do the transfer.
- Place printed fabric transfer paper facedown on the t-shirt and centered where you would like it to be.
- Using firm, steady pressure, glide the iron over the entire transfer to heat evenly for 2 minutes. If you are impatient like me, and try to peel early, you will feel it sticking so stop and finish ironing.
- Then peel off hot for best results.
Visit nufunactivities.com for more detailed instructions and answers to your questions as well for as for project inspiration and free printables you can use.
Free Printable Easter Images
I made these free printable Easter images when I was coming up with ideas for Easter t-shirts kids would like. I wanted to go with simple, cute Easter images that could be used to celebrate spring too so they could be worn early and late and not just on Easter. They can also be printed and used for other Easter craft projects besides t-shirts. On a Mac, you can drag the image to your screen and then open it and do file, print. On a PC, you should be able to right click and then print.
I came up with a simple Easter Egg Template Printable.
I also designed a Easter Eggs Printable.
Here is an Easter Chick printable my son helped me design.
And one bunny printable for those that want funny easter t shirts.
I hope you enjoyed all of the free printable Easter images! Which Easter printable was your favorite? Do you think you will try making transfer paper t-shirts? We’d love to see how they turn out, tag us in your pics @familyfocusblog and @nufunactivities!