I’ve always been partial to St. Patrick’s Day. Maybe it is the wee bit of Irish in my blood or the fun fact that I was born on St. Patrick’s Day that makes this day one of my favorites. I love to decorate for all the holidays and St. Patrick’s Day is no exception. This Paper Straw Vase is the perfect DIY St. Patrick’s Day Decor because it is a great table centerpiece or mantle decoration that will work for all of Spring, not just for St. Patty’s Day!
First, when to decorate for St. Patrick’s Day? Well, it is a religious and cultural holiday held on March 17th so I would say anytime after Valentine’s Day is fair game. Next, how to decorate for St Patrick’s day. You don’t have to go all out but a few green and/or gold St. Patrick’s Day decorations go along way towards creating a cheerful vibe as we get through these last days of winter! I like to make a few simple St Patrick’s day decorations like a wreath and some table or mantle decor. This St. Patrick’s Day Vase is cheerful anywhere you put it. This post was first published February 26, 2015. I have made a few updates and republished it here for my new readers to enjoy.
Easy and Pretty DIY St. Patrick’s Day Decor Tutorial
- 2 packages of green and white paper straws – approximately 42
- glass cylinder vase
- green and white ribbon
- hot glue gun and glue
Instructions For The DIY St. Patrick’s Day Paper Straw Vase Craft:
You are going to love how easy it is to make this St. Patrick’s Day table decoration and turn your home decor festive!
Use the hot glue gun and glue the paper straws to the vase one to a time.
I had 2 different patterns of straws so I alternated them as I glued them to the vase.
Continue gluing the straws on until the vase is totally covered.
Cut a length of ribbon and tie a bow around the straw vase. Hot glue in place if necessary. Now you have finished your DIY St. Patrick’s Day decor. Wasn’t it easy?
This paper straw vase is so easy to make. The supplies are inexpensive which makes it even better! Paper straws can be found at many dollar stores and Walmart carries them in several colors to match their party supplies. You could make a home decoration vase like this themed around any holiday. It would also be a great centerpiece for a party, wedding shower, or baby shower!
Affiliate Amazon Link For Where To Buy Paper Straws
Make a Paper Straw Vase for St. Patrick’s Day or in your favorite colors for Spring and enjoy for the next few months! When you are done with it, the hot glue peels off the glass easily so you can reuse it for future vase crafts.
Now that you have started with St. Patrick’s Day crafts, you may also enjoy making these cute little DIY St. Patrick’s Day Soaps.
If you have extra paper straws, try this fun paper straw craft necklace.
More Ideas For St. Patrick’s Day Decorations:
Decorating for St. Patrick’s Day can be a lot of fun! Here are some ideas:
- Greenery: Use lots of green decorations, like garlands, wreaths, and shamrock-shaped items.
- Shamrocks: Decorate with shamrocks, which are a symbol of St. Patrick’s Day. You can make them out of paper, fabric, or even use shamrock-shaped lights.
- Leprechauns: Incorporate leprechauns into your decor. You can find figurines, posters, or even create your own with craft supplies.
- Rainbows: Rainbows are another fun symbol of St. Patrick’s Day. You can hang rainbow-colored streamers or place rainbow decorations around your home.
- Irish Flags: Display Irish flags or banners to add a festive touch.
- Table Decor: Set your table with green tablecloths, napkins, and plates. You can also add themed centerpieces like pots of gold or leprechaun hats.
- Window Clings: Use St. Patrick’s Day-themed window clings to add a festive touch to your windows.
- Door Decor: Hang a St. Patrick’s Day-themed wreath on your front door to welcome guests.
Remember, the key is to have fun and be creative with your decorations!
Do you think you will try a DIY St. Patrick’s Day decor project?