Erika Wassall, The Jersey Farm Scribe here with a quick, single-serving style pepperoni roll ups recipe. They make a great, filling after-school snack! You will love how easy they are to make too. You just use crescent rolls, pepperoni slices, and shredded mozzarella cheese to get an appetizer with all the flavor of pizza.
Crescent Roll Pizza Roll Ups
Pepperoni cheese bread? Yes, please! I have a recipe I make for a giant roll of it. It’s a great party food for a group, filling, comforting, and yummy. But it’s a process and it makes a TON. So here is a quick alternative for a quick-fix of pepperoni, cheesy, deliciousness.
You can make as much or as little as you want. And it’s less than a half hour from the time you thought of it, until it’s cooling on your plate, ready to be devoured.
How To Make Pepperoni Rolls With Crescent Rolls
Grab one of those amazingly versatile crescent roll tubes (you know, from Pillsbury or Annie’s), some mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni.
Unroll the crescents, lay the pepperoni in there, sprinkle with cheese, and top with seasonings and the extra cheese that’s likely all over the pan. Leave space at the top of the crescent so it sticks shut and roll up!
Basically, it’s as simple as that!
If not using the whole tube of crescent dough, simply store the rest in a plastic bag. I’ve done this plenty of times and stored it as long as a week!
– Fill and roll from the THIN end, (the opposite way you normally would roll them). Leave a small part of the widest end uncovered with cheese so you can stretch and wrap it around to seal closed. This way, the widest part is the last part and you can wrap it around the edges to keep in as much of the cheese as possible.
– Press the cheese down before you roll up (space saver!)
– IF you end up sealing off the whole thing with the wide end of the crescent, poke a hole in the top with a toothpick, give the air an escape. I don’t usually end up sealing off the whole thing so there is plenty of space on the sides for air to escape
– Technically a reasonable tip would be to not overfill… but I tend to struggle with that one. If some cheese spills out, I’m totally fine with that anyway!!!
– BAKE WITH seams up. It may not look as pretty going in the oven. But it’ll hold the cheese in better.
– I prepare these entirely on the cookie sheet (as opposed to counter top or a plate or cutting board). I like less cleaning! If your shredded cheese gets all over the pan, just scoop it up and stick it back on top.
There are TONS of variations on this quick pepperoni cheese roll up recipe. You could add spinach, different cheeses, sausage instead of pepperoni. Throw some Italian seasonings in there. Serve with a marinara sauce. Use chicken and blue cheese and serve with a buffalo sauce. (umm… wow, that sounds pretty good!)
Printable Pepperoni Cheese Roll Ups Recipe
Quick And Cheesy Pepperoni Roll Ups Recipe
- 1 tube of Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 16-24 slices of Pepperoni
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and lay on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Lay 2-3 (depending on size) pieces of pepperoni at the thin tail end.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Roll FROM thin end to wide end and then wrap the thick edges around the opening as much as possible.
- Sprinkle with dried basil.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Quick And Cheesy Pepperoni Roll Ups Recipe
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25.63 g||38.5%|
|Saturated Fat 11.3 g||55%|
|Trans Fat 1.19 g|
|Cholesterol 39.41 mg||13%|
|Sodium 1654.03 mg||68.9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 50.46 g||16.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.79 g||4%|
|Sugars 5.71 g|
|Protein 16.53 g|
|Vitamin A 7.11 %||Vitamin C 0.08 %|
|Calcium 21.79 %||Iron 16.91 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Family Focus Blog
This quick pepperoni roll ups recipe is a great championship game or super bowl snack. Or it’s so simple and scalable that it’s the ultimate a special treat at any old time. Got any ideas of what you’ll throw in there? How will you make these crescent roll pizza roll ups personal to your own tastes? I’d love to hear them in the comments!
Easy Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie
Cheesy Potatoes And Ham Recipe: Easy Wholesome Breakfast or Brunch
I love this pepperoni cheese roll up recipe because it sounds so quick and easy!