This recipe for caramel apples with toasted pumpkin seeds and pistachios is perfect for Halloween parties or fall gatherings. This treat has all the sweet goodness of homemade caramel mixed with the the vitamins and nutrients of the apple so you don’t have to feel guilty about your yummy indulgence. Salty Sow’s Corporate Executive Chef, Harold Marmulstein shared this “wicked” recipe for caramel apples combining the perfect blend of sweet and salty flavors that is sure to put a smile on your face.
Recipe For Caramel Apples With Toasted Pumpkin Seeds & Pistachios
Caramel Apples Ingredients:
6 each Fuji or Honey Crisp Apples
4 cups Sugar
4 cups Heavy Cream
1 cup Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup Toasted Pistachios
6 each 8 inch thick wooden skewers
How To Make Homemade Caramel Apples:
1) Wash and dry apples, place on skewers
2) In a flat bottomed pot, heat until hot
3) Add sugar and gently shake pan until the sugar is melted all the way
and turns to a caramel color (add ¼ cup water to sugar in a cold pan and
cook until it forms the same results for those not experienced with cooking
4) Add cream slowly and cook till smooth caramel, remove and cool to room
5) Roughly chop seeds and nuts
6) Dip apples in caramel
7) Roll apples in chopped seeds and nuts to coat and shake off the excess
8) Place upside down on waxed paper and chill till set
Printable Recipe For Caramel Apples
I hope you enjoy this recipe for caramel apples. Who knew it was so easy to make caramel apples?! Thanks again to the Salty Sow, a gastropub in Phoenix, Arizona, for sharing this yummy recipe for homemade caramel apples with toasted pumpkin seeds.
These homemade caramel apples are sure to be a fun treat to fix with your kids. Have you ever had homemade caramel apples or have you ever made them yourself? Feel free to share you tips or variations on recipes for caramel apples in the comments or @familyfocusblog!